Reaction score
Website
www.06photography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Under my bandage...

And all I can say, is

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Theres a absorbant pad thingy under there, and it is STUCK TO MY TOE WITH BLOOD! Ewwie!!!!

Oh. The blood is black...

its disgusting. It has to stay there until Tuesday. (Ok. I wasn't supposed to unwrap it either, but I just couldn't help myself...

I think I will go throw up now :)

(and then to bed)

Goodnight all :)

LOL... i had to tell someone - and mum will yell at me if I tell her (she slapped me for just peeking in the top) - so god knows what she would do if she found out I unwrapped the whole thing.

I didn't do a very good job of rewrapping it either. looks dumb. I am gonna get my aunty (shes a nurse) to rewrap it for Xmas day, so it at least looks pretty on the outside

Don't you just hate when that happens?

I think I can beat it, though! A couple of weeks ago, I took the band-aid off the end of my big toe early, and nothing looks amiss, it just looked like a scab or something. So I put on my socks and shoes and go to class. When I get back, and try to take off the sock...it's stuck. OWWWWWWWWW!!!

:D

I had to keep my toe elevated for a while after I had it done. So I went down to the shops and bought FFVII to keep me company just before I had it. :mrgreen:

Still, I did get used to the old blood and sock thingy. For over a year each day I had to rip the sock from the skin because the blood and puss which collected during the day had glued it all together. That was always fun... ;)

Lol!!!!

Rob - I had an ingrown toenail removed & the nail bed burnt at the sides so it doesn't grow back at the sides (only in the middle).

clarinetJWD - Ewwwie... Well, I can't get the absorbant thingys off - I gave up. And from seeing it with that stuck on there - I am unsure if I even want to see anymore.

ferny - ARGHH... I didn't know I would be fighting it for months afterwards. noooooo... I sat at home bored all day.

I decided to watch a dvd & sat on the floor to chose one... And couldnt be bothered getting myself back up. so I was stuck there for about 30 minutes.

It's very hard doing anything without your toes... To have a shower, I have to put a plastic bag on my foot & sit on the floor with my foot out the door... The first time I did this, I stood on my toe trying to get back up.... Well, someone learnt a lot of new swear words that day...

Lumi - lol... Nooo. Well. I did do that too. Not at the same time though :D

wow! So is it like that for the rest of your life? So, the skin where there is no nail is like pussing and raw all the time? EEEEEEWWWWWW:meh:

I remember when I broke my pinky finger, it swell to the size of my thumb. Had a splint for two-three weeks. :D

Matty-Bass - I really hope not.

I think ferny was implying that it will be like that for a while while it heals. (and because it spends a lot of time in shoes - will probably take longer to heal)

At the moment, I don't know - I only had it done on monday, it looks grose.

We have decided that I will go swimming on christmas day, and if it just happens to get wet, we will get my nurse aunty to change the dressing.

Ferny - did you get a stitch in yours? Apparently I got a stitch - but I dunno where it is (I was gonna peek when I unwrapped it, but as I said, i didn't get the guaze or anything off)

No no no. I had my toe like that for over a year before I did anything about it. That includes playing football, running, using the trampoline etc. for my exams as well. I refused to take my swimming exam. ;)

I used to come home each day, take my shoes off and look down to see half my sock a brown/red colour from the blood. It had a nice yellow line around the outside to. That was the puss the sock had soaked up. At night I had to rip the sock from my toe as it had all dried and glued itself to my foot. In the end I took to wearing two pairs of socks just to give me some form of cushioning. It hurt a bit you see. The two socks would stick together. :mrgreen:

I have a history of not going to the doctors when I should...

I don't know if I had a stitch. I guess I could have, but I was on my back when the woman did what she had to do. All I could feel was the scraping travelling up the bone in my leg. :lol:
I can't remember how long it took to heal. My body is pretty fast anyway. After a week I was allowed to get it wet.

ferny - Ok. thanks. You made me officially extremely sick. lol

Thats good. I thought you meant AFTER the operation.

I didn't actually feel much during the operation. I felt them put in the anesthetic... and that bloody hurt... My reflexes were working too. Many times my leg wanted to kick the doctor. Many, many times.

But once that kicked in and I couldn't feel anything it was ok... The nurses were funny, so I was talking to them. All I really felt was him pulling the nail out... And that just felt like he was plucking a hair with tweezers...

Oh, and when he took the rubber band off my toe (even though I didn't know he put it on)

But now, I seem to be feeling a lot. I can't stand up for more than 5 minutes, because my foot feels like it is going to blow up. I am going to go and see my aunty tomorrow and get her to check it is OK. (Maybe she will know how to unstick the gauze from my toe. lol) - she only lives next door, so its no trouble....

I have had this damn problem for about 5 years now, never anywhere near as bad as what yours sounds though. And I don't think the surgeon wanted to do it.(It looked REALLY good on the day I went in) But I was almost ready to beg him. LOL

ferny - Ok. thanks. You made me officially extremely sick. lol
My work here is done. I bid you, goodnight. :mrgreen:

Did they take the whole nail out for you? They trimmed mine down either side and made it so that the nail couldn't grow in those parts any more. Although she said that it may grow back at some strange. ****, that's gonna hurt as it'll be pushing through thick skin the moment it starts to grow. :meh:

You can soak the gauze off. As long as you let the toe dry properly before you cover it back up. The reason they say don't let it get wet is because it needs that bandage on it and if that gets wet it'll stay that way for a while. When you change the bandage you can wash the toe. It may be too tender to do so though.

Keep your foot elevated as well. Just above hip level. Erm, not that I remember doing that myself. But that's what they told me to do. It'll throb like mad when you put it down, but that's just the blood going back into in.

They only took the edges off aswell, and yep, burnt the nail bed.

I had it elevated for the first 48 hours (making short trips such as to the toilet, etc)...

Went for my first "walk" yesterday. Went to the supermarket. We were out for about an hour, and by the end, i went and sat in the car cause it was hurting.

But today standing for 5 minutes hurts (I tried to unstack the dishwasher - but could only do half)

Its oh so annoying

I have to work on monday & tuesday (and wednesday and thursday) but monday I will still have the bandages on & the stitch in.

that will hurt. argh... Ohwell, I am working with someone else, so she can do all the serving customers, I will do all the printing. :D

Awww my aunty just informed me, letting it get wet in the swimming pool would be a very bad idea.

1) Chlorine
2) Little kid pee.

Ugh. Little kid pee. She is a nurse and says this would just cause an infection. Soooo black garbage bag will be on my foot tomorrow.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back