What's new

I lied, this is the last one for tonight, lol. :-)

Ernicus

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 18, 2012
Messages
2,689
Reaction score
337
Location
Old Town, ME
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Now I'm done for the evening...

7641794656_ecf8bcd8e6_c.jpg
 
I like the way you captured the water for sure but there's something missing about the photo as a whole. Seems to be lacking punch and direction.
Have you considered trying different angles and or framing in general?
 
I think a shot from that angle, but stitched with one or two more on the right would look nice. :)
 
Technically, it's good. Compositionally, the flow of water pushes against the right side, while the lower left is empty. I agree with Kazooie that some more space on the right would have made a more balanced image.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #7
To the right is big ugly rocks, uglier than what's seen, the protrude toward me. This one was a hard to to get compositionally, most of the mags and brochures use this angle and after getting there I realized why. The space on this one is very tight. I did take many other shots, at wider angles as well. I could not get that stupid branch out of the way in upper left, the dead space kinda blew, so to me, this was the best I could come up with. Nowhere near as much latitude as the other fall I shot in this series.

I wanted a shot head on...but those rocks (unseen) are in the way of a head on shot, however I think with a 11-16mm I may be able to climb down and get just in front of the rocks and pull off a shot, so next time I'll try.

Not making excuses, I agree with all that you all have wrote...unfortunately I couldnt get the shot...other than this.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #8
Here is sort of an example, one I hadn't deleted yet. You can see that rock start to show on the right...it goes up and wide and when i moved left it overpowered the image, I could not move up and left or back and left or I'd have fallen over the cliff I was on. lol. Getting down there is tricky but doable, but it's so tight, without a wide angle it's useless.

$_DSC0184-1.webp
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #9
Here's another ugly that didn't come out right either. bottom water was oof and again, could not show more of image on right due to the rocks. So yeah, I tried many angles and shots, trying to get in the habit of only keeping the keepers these days, as well as limiting my shots. 2-3 or each angle and move on. In the past I would have come out of here with 2000 pictures. This time I only had 20 of this fall and 30 of the other fall. Much easier on the pp. lol

View attachment 14797
 
Ernicus, nothing to be apologetic about. We, the viewers, have the luxury of looking at your image and judging it strictly on what we see (and our prejudices, of course). We do not know that you were precariously balanced on an unstable rock that was next to the top of a 4,000 ft. cliff, and that the only exit out of there (other than the water) was being closed off by an approaching grizzly bear. So under those circumstances, you did a very fine job. ;)
 
Ernicus, nothing to be apologetic about. We, the viewers, have the luxury of looking at your image and judging it strictly on what we see (and our prejudices, of course). We do not know that you were precariously balanced on an unstable rock that was next to the top of a 4,000 ft. cliff, and that the only exit out of there (other than the water) was being closed off by an approaching grizzly bear. So under those circumstances, you did a very fine job. ;)

Lol. great post. :-)

I just wanted to make sure that those who don't regularly follow my work know that I hang upside down if I have to to find the shot.
 
Pff, I think you should have built a platform hanging off the cliff to get the shot. :er:


Nah I'm just teasing you. :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom