I made a couple bird houses!

nerwin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
nickerwin.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had some scrap lumber from a project so instead of burning the scrap I decided to build a couple bird houses out them!

I actually built these last fall but the wood was still kinda wet so I had them sitting in my furnace room to dry out throughout winter so I could sand them a little and paint them.
They're a bit overbuilt with actual roofing shingles 🤣

As they say, it was about the process of building them. It was relaxing to build and the smell of fresh cut lumber from the saw is great.

Its funny how the paint looks kinda green-ish on camera but in person is more of a grey.

20230507_184930.jpg

20230507_184958.jpg

You must not have any cats in your neighbourhood to be able to hang them that low.

Those look great! I love the angled roof on the top one.

You must not have any cats in your neighbourhood to be able to hang them that low.
Maybe it's just for the photos. ;) They're facing outward, regardless. If the fence is at least 6' it should be OK. Remember that non-house type birds like cardinals have a terrifying inclination to nest in bushes quite low to the ground.

I kinda made them for looks. I think they look cool and adds some color on the fence.

The fence is over 6 feet tall. My neighbor on the other side has a bunch of bird houses lower than mine and birds use them 🤷‍♂️

Nice houses and shots.

Most reactions

Back