What's new

I made some Headphone Stands--Check 'em Out!!

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Apr 13, 2010
Messages
9,027
Reaction score
2,175
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
1.
_DSC3046_zps1cdac278.jpg



2.
_DSC3043_zps945ada31.jpg



3.
_DSC3039_zps284a3fe8.jpg



4.
_DSC3038_zps9cda6074.jpg



5.
_DSC3035_zps5516b024.jpg


6.
_DSC3030_zps3c0c7f6a.jpg



Regards,
Jake
 
Looks like pretty nice work. Is that Maple?
 
Looks like pretty nice work. Is that Maple?

The box is tiger maple, and the holder/drawer pull is cherry burl. The whole box is stained with a single coat of 50% cherry, and a single coat of 50% dark mahogany, and then three layers of waterlox. I'm quite pleased with it, as it is one of my first real woodworking adventures (other than pens and such, nothing as fancy). Glad you like them!
 
Very nice, Headphones have become an expensive fashion accessory recently, why not have a nice place to display them.
 
That's really great work.
I just built my wife a shelf out of oak that was in her Pottery Barn magazine.
 
Very nice, Headphones have become an expensive fashion accessory recently, why not have a nice place to display them.


Exactly what I thought. My girlfriend and I each received a pair of Solo's for christmas, so I figured I could make us matching ones. I must say I am pleased with the results.
 
That's really great work.
I just built my wife a shelf out of oak that was in her Pottery Barn magazine.


Thank you very much!!
 
I like the imperfections of the wood – it really makes it look like the real thing.
 
I like the imperfections of the wood – it really makes it look like the real thing.


Do you mean the striping on the box? If you do, that is not imperfection, that is the grain. Tiger maple is aptly named for it's linear grain evident in the box. The mottling in the top piece if what a burl is. It leads to gnarly knots and such, again evident in the piece.

Jake
 
take to top?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom