Not sure what you are looking for here but I'll tell you the first thing that popped in my head... I could see this shot and a girl dressed in white or something and sharp/in focus somewhere along the path with a blurred background or maybe the person slightly blurred with a sharp background, keeping with the "dream" idea.
I think the out of focus was done on purpose. But I agree that having something in the shot that would be in focus and sharp is a great idea.
Not necessarily in the foreground, I think it would be cool to have the in focus person (or thing, could be the bench) in the mid-ground of the picture.
i like it, the title compensates for not having a subject cause it leaves it open for interpretaion, everyone sees thier own version, like i sorta see a couple standing on the bridge hand in hand. Cool idea!