I need help ID'ing a vintage Canon accessory

Nathaniel S.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.outsidetheshot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've looked all over the place online, in Canon booklets/instructions, and in the Canon Compendium by Bob Shell. I can't find any information about what this thing is. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My hope is that it is a useless rangefinder accessory worth thousands of dollars. :bouncingsmileys:

Canon-Thing-0001.jpg Canon-Thing-0003.jpg Canon-Thing-0002.jpg Canon-Thing-0005.jpg

pretty sure it is a tripod spacer....designed to add height between the camera's baseplate and the top of a tripod foot or plate.

Sorry.. a useless rangefinder accessory worth thousands of dollars. :bouncingsmileys:
a useless rangefinder accessory worth thousands of dollars. :bouncingsmileys:

Derrel is right, it is a Canon 35mm f2.8 S.S.C TS Tilt Shift lens tripod spacer.

Well, there you go this device was expressly designed for use with the 35mm tilt shift lens, some decades ago.

Like others I will go with spacer on the bases that I sometimes could use something like that when using a long len with a tripod collar in some cases I have to use the tripod head in reverse otherwise the camera gets in the way.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back