I need help!!!! urgent question!

JimmyJaceyMom

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone. I just looked on my Craigslist for my area and someone is selling a lightly used Canon Rebel D10. 6 megapixels. Said it was used in a design agency but he has no use for it anymore.
I don't know though if a 10D is any good. The price for the camera body is 400$ then he has a lens for 120$ and another for 60$
He says to make an offer. I was going to offer 520$ for everything. Its been listed for a while and its christmas time so maybe?!?! Is that a good idea or should I hold out for the Rebel?
Pleaase help!

here's the lens information
The accessories I have if interested are:

Canon Zoom Telephoto EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III USM Autofocus Lens - $120 (Canon 6472A002)
Canon Zoom Telephoto EF 28-90mm f/4.0-5.6 II USM Autofocus Lens - $60
512MB CF Card - $20
58mm Haze UV-1 Glass Filter REG - $5
Make me an offer!

The body goes for about $450 on Keh.com, the lenses are nothing special.

I would try $500 if its good.

thanks for letting me know. I think i will try to offer 500 and see what happens. If he doesn't tale it = oh well. Ill wait a wee bit longer for the camera I really wanted anyway.

The camera is a great camera, I've shot with mine since it first came out. I agree though, the lenses aren't great.

what if i just bought the body since he offers them separate. And then I could get one good lens? Does that make sense?

That's what I would do. You could get a new 50mm for under $100 I think.

how exciting. I think I'll check that out and see. I also think I'll check Ebay to make surte they don't have the 10D body even cheaper before i make this guy an offer.

Good luck! New camera shopping is even more fun than buying a new car...and cheaper, too :mrgreen:

hey good point! heres another question - i'm full of them today! - what do you all think of factory reconditioned? theres a rebel body on ebay so far 5.50$ i'm sure it will go way higher but? is reconditioned bad?

Hey I found a 50 mm lens for a 10d on ebay - buy it now price is 60 and shipping is 10! thats good huh? Do you think that is the lens I'll need?

wow thanks i added that to my favorites. I am at a standstill though, now on what to do since I have found some Rebel bodies for under 4 without a lens and I could just as easily get that and add my own lens' later. hmmmmm? what to do, what to do? sheesh. I can't decide if this is fun or not!

Most reactions

Back