I need to go to Photography Class!!!!

irish23

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok, so i never finished High School, but im going to night school now to get my diploma. I want to take some photography class's at a collage or anywhere i can right now till i can go to collage full time. I was wondering if anyone knows of any schools in the NYC, NJ area that offer class's to people in my stupid spot.

Ok, so i never finished High School, but im going to night school now to get my diploma. I want to take some photography class's at a collage or anywhere i can right now till i can go to collage full time. I was wondering if anyone knows of any schools in the NYC, NJ area that offer class's to people in my stupid spot.

I wouldn't say you're in a stupid spot. Afterall, you did realize that you need a diploma and are doing something about it. I commend you on that. Now being in a stupid spopt would not recogonizing that you need a diploma.

I know bupkus about N.J. or N.Y. but most colleges have community programs in photography. They are usually beginners' classes but might be helpful.

Another option if you just want to improve your photography is to join a photography club. That's what I did, 45 years ago, and met some very knowledgable and helpful people.

Thanx... Yea im not that stupid i know i have to get my diploma i was stupid when i was 16.

class's at a collage

I'm sorry for being such an ass. But if you want to go to college, you have to spell it right first. It's one of the prerequisites. :p

I think it's great you want to get into photography. Almost every school has it as a liberal arts class that you can use to fulfill your credit requirements. It would be a LOT cheaper, however, to join a club, or take local classes at the YMCA/JCC, than to pay for a college class. You probably won't be able to even use the credits in the future, unless you're planning on majoring in photography. There are some schools in NJ that have great photography programs, but they're really hard to get into and cost an arm and a leg. What's your budget?

If photography is a main aim for you remember that its an art subject - thus no matter how much paper you have your portfolio of your works is what will speak the most about you and your abilities.
Courses though do offer structured learning; can open up doors for you; and also force you to try different things to what you might shoot if your working on your own.

also local camera clubs and online forums can provide a great (free) resource to help you learn as well - forums are very much limited in that all the advice is after the shooting event, but you can still learn a lot this way. Photoclubs are very varied in what they offer, but even just meeting and shooting with other photographers you can learn a lot of things

Are you saying you are going to get your G.E.D., then apply to college? If you start with the community college in your county, that might be the least expensive option. Going within your county will be less expensive that out of county. The same USUALLY goes for state schools. However, from what I understand, something funky happened in NJ and an instate tuition is on par with an out of state tuition to a S.U.N.Y. school. (State University of New York).

It sounds like you are not a teenager any more. If you are older and returning to school you may be considered what is called a "non-traditional" student. If you are really serious about this, make an appointment to speak with the chairperson of the art department. He or she may have some resources to help; at the very least, may give you some advice and point you in the right direction. Good luck!

Peace,

Roey.

Are you saying you are going to get your G.E.D., then apply to college? If you start with the community college in your county, that might be the least expensive option. Going within your county will be less expensive that out of county. The same USUALLY goes for state schools. However, from what I understand, something funky happened in NJ and an instate tuition is on par with an out of state tuition to a S.U.N.Y. school. (State University of New York).

It sounds like you are not a teenager any more. If you are older and returning to school you may be considered what is called a "non-traditional" student. If you are really serious about this, make an appointment to speak with the chairperson of the art department. He or she may have some resources to help; at the very least, may give you some advice and point you in the right direction. Good luck!

Peace,

Roey.

No im not getting my G.E.D. im getting my high school diploma at a tech school. Im in the adult night school program.
Thanx for the help guys. Yea im trying to major in visual journalism and i have the money for schooling. But i want to do class's now. Ive done a few workshops And a ymca class. I'd like to do more for right now tho. I talked to Brooks in Santa Monica (thats's the college ill be going to when im done with my HSD) they said there should be soe school that have something for my in NYC but i was just wondering if you guys knew of any places.

AND YES I KNOW I SPELLED COLLEGE WRONG I SAW THAT AFTER I POSTED!!

Most reactions

Back