I play dress up too

...wanting to see how it looks with the open sweater and the underneath cream-colored shirt removed...

You can undress a model in a photograph?

First off, HELLO GORGEOUS! You look beautiful here. Sure a smile would have been "prettier" but this expression really makes me wonder what you're thinking. I don't mind it at all. I love your background. beautiful colors.
Second, I nearly squealed in delight when I read this thread title.
Third, Too bad we don't live closer, then we could play dress up together and not have to worry about self timers, but since we don't I suppose all I can do is offer my focusing method. I don't have a remote so what I have been doing is marking my spot on the floor with a nickel I can stand on, placing a tripod/lights and set to my height over the center of my marker focus on that and then move it. Focus hasn't really been an issue since I started that. Then I set my camera to take like 10 shots at a time.

As for the wrapping, I tried it with a different piece of fabric and it didn't go well at all, no one will ever see those photos lol! Luckily I was only photographing the dress before hair and make up in case it didn't work!

Aww you're too sweet, thanks! It's a shame we don't live closer. Can you imagine the fun we'd have, two grown women dressing up like little girls? :lol: The first 20 or so I tossed because of focus, the other 30+ I tossed because I can't stand the way I photograph :alien: I swear I always look weird I'm so picky.

...wanting to see how it looks with the open sweater and the underneath cream-colored shirt removed...

:biglaugh: I read that the SAME way, I was like whoa Derrel!! Then I got it lol.

Here's my impression of a "smile" but I didn't like the angle of my face. Just showing that I do, indeed, attempt to smile at times :allteeth:

Good facial expression too, complex and not simple, not easily decoded.

I believe that expression is "I hope I don't look constipated...."

FYI, the background is a Cowboy Studio muslin drop. I have it in gray, too. The part of the image you don't see is my cat having a field day with the excess drop on the floor in the back camera-left corner of the room. I thought I had the door shut. Oops.

Awe, I like your smile. :)

First off, HELLO GORGEOUS! You look beautiful here. Sure a smile would have been "prettier" but this expression really makes me wonder what you're thinking. I don't mind it at all. I love your background. beautiful colors.
Second, I nearly squealed in delight when I read this thread title.
Third, Too bad we don't live closer, then we could play dress up together and not have to worry about self timers, but since we don't I suppose all I can do is offer my focusing method. I don't have a remote so what I have been doing is marking my spot on the floor with a nickel I can stand on, placing a tripod/lights and set to my height over the center of my marker focus on that and then move it. Focus hasn't really been an issue since I started that. Then I set my camera to take like 10 shots at a time.

As for the wrapping, I tried it with a different piece of fabric and it didn't go well at all, no one will ever see those photos lol! Luckily I was only photographing the dress before hair and make up in case it didn't work!

Aww you're too sweet, thanks! It's a shame we don't live closer. Can you imagine the fun we'd have, two grown women dressing up like little girls? :lol: The first 20 or so I tossed because of focus, the other 30+ I tossed because I can't stand the way I photograph :alien: I swear I always look weird I'm so picky.

:biglaugh: I read that the SAME way, I was like whoa Derrel!! Then I got it lol.

Here's my impression of a "smile" but I didn't like the angle of my face. Just showing that I do, indeed, attempt to smile at times :allteeth:

If it will boost your self confidence we can secretly exchange outtakes! Lol

I like this! And I like the warm colors! Just wanted to chime in because I too suffer from resting ***** face ;)

I like this! And I like the warm colors! Just wanted to chime in because I too suffer from resting ***** face ;)

It's a real... b**ch isn't it :lol: I get so tired of being asked what's wrong or are you tired or sick? No, it's JUST MY FACE! lol thanks!

Lolz! I took a quick Lightroom stab at cloning some of the sweater area to fill in the area where the shirt was...
LAURA ROTATED_workup2.JPG

I know the cloning can be seen if one looks, but to me it seemed to really harmonize the whole frame by eliminating that light-colored fabric. Sorry about destroying your logo overlay on this Laura, but I just used the brute force clone method. Looking at this I might also have gone overboard somehow on the skin tone and made you look vaguely Mediteranean...oops!

Last edited:
Hey I got my summer tan back!! Mediterranean :lol: You should have seen me in the summer when I was a kid and spent 24/7 outside. I turned 14 shades darker. I don't tan like that anymore, but I used to get asked "what are you??" Umm, human. I've been called "that Spanish girl," exotic, Mexican, Native American... I was amused, because I'm none of the above, and I could never tell if I was being complimented or insulted. "What are you?" always seemed kinda rude to me.

In reality, I'm Irish, German, English, and a bit of Italian. Or in the case above, I'm Lightroomed.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back