I really could not help myself...LaFoto's infection continues.....

Phranquey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
.....Yep, more water drops.

1)
watersplashpink.jpg

2)
waterbowl.jpg

3)
waterpurplecolumndrops1.jpg

4)
waterpurplecolumndrops2.jpg

5)
waterpurplecolumn.jpg

6)
waterpurpledroponcolumn.jpg

7)
watersplashpurple.jpg

8)
waterpurpleflyingdrops.jpg

i would have to say that number 6 is the best. But they are all amazing

This is becoming an epidemic.

Those first two are amazing. Second one looks like glass.

Thank you for the comments.

good ones. how did you get them to be that color?

I used a piece of purple R/C Airplane covering over the flash as a gel. The water is in a clear tupperware on a table with a black cloth background, and the flash is off camera on the table pointed forward directly below the lens, pushed up against the bowl. That way the entire bowl of water is lit up in the color of the gel on the flash.

Boy, these are good!
Wow.
Lovely "crowns" ... how did you ever get THIS close to the "crown"?
And I had so hoped I'd ever manage to get a droplet which repeats the colours of my background/water upside down. Never got it. My newest attempts must all be considered failures. :(

Boy, these are good!
Wow.
Lovely "crowns" ... how did you ever get THIS close to the "crown"?
And I had so hoped I'd ever manage to get a droplet which repeats the colours of my background/water upside down. Never got it. My newest attempts must all be considered failures. :(

Thank you very much.

I was using a 105mm f/2.8 macro, so on the first two, the lens was literally almost in the bowl. After a while, I realized that all I getting was crowns, and no splashes, so that's when I backed it off a bit with the purple shots.
I was having the same problem with the lighting until I put the flash up against the side of the bowl, directy under the lens. This way the lighting is coming from underneath, which also lights up the drops in that fashion.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back