I see that some of you folk - -

Ron Evers

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
In the country 60km north of Toronto, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi Again:

I see that some of you folk liked my two pics of the immature male Common Whitetail dragonfly. Here is a different one this time a female Dot-tailed Whiteface. She is hard to spot on account of her high transparency.

FemaleDot-tailedWhitefaceCR.jpg

wow, only in nature would you find leaded glass as beautiful
thanks for sharing

Great shot. You're doing the S5 IS a great justice!

Great shot. You're doing the S5 IS a great justice!

I see you have one too.

I spent two nights in your town & then leaving from Manchester AP customs pulled the lining out of my brief case. ?? I could understand it coming from Amsterdam but not going back.

That is a beautiful photo. Very crisp. What lens did you use?

Nice shots. I use to have a S1 IS and I loved it. I actually still have it but it's broken. :grumpy:

Ok, you got me seeing new things tonight in the garden, the photo sucks but I was very excited. I would never have noticed if I hadn't just looked at your beauty. She's lost her head behind the stem and you almost can't see her but I thnk she's the same kind?

That is a beautiful photo. Very crisp. What lens did you use?

Whatever comes with the Canon S5 IS. Hey, I am new to this Digital stuff.

As a teenager I bought a Minolta SLR ($215) & folk raved about my pictures. I wanted to make a living in photography but reality, girl friend , marriage, pay work, children etc. wiped that idea out. My wife of 44 years, bought me a digital Nikon 2100, about four years ago for Christmas, so I could post pictures on the Internet (woodworking) forums I enjoyed. I was getting frustrated trying to do nature shots with the pocket camera & with permission bought the Canon S5 IS this year. It seemed like an extravagant expense for we pensioners but after visiting this forum I find most folk here spend more for a lens.

Ok, you got me seeing new things tonight in the garden, the photo sucks but I was very excited. I would never have noticed if I hadn't just looked at your beauty. She's lost her head behind the stem and you almost can't see her but I thnk she's the same kind?

You may be correct & your photo demonstrates how hard they are to detect when at rest.

I see you have one too.

I spent two nights in your town & then leaving from Manchester AP customs pulled the lining out of my brief case. ?? I could understand it coming from Amsterdam but not going back.

I certainly do. It's a smashing little camera, but I only use it now when I can't lug my DSLR around. It isn't too good in low light, and the wide end is nowhere near wide enough for me, but it's a cracking little camera for the money and for learning on, while getting some great shots while you do!

Most reactions

Back