I smell a rat

Formatted

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.jawns.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
On the one hand, he seems to be responding to questions people are asking and even posted the serial number of it (assuming it's correct). But you're right, he is a also new user with 0 feedback. That would make me pretty nervous. That said, as long as you're paying with paypal, you should be covered if you never received it or anything like that, even if it's a huge pain to actually make a claim with them.

You might want to verify if he'll even ship to the UK, the auction lists only US for shipping.

In talking with UPS concerning overseas shipping, they need to know the postal delivery zone in order to quote their fee; the exact address at this point is not necessary.

I'm a noob as far as ebay goes. But I think that is a yes to overseas shipping!

Thats what I am thinking, I don't think he would answer questions like that and not then deliver with the goods.

Anyone know if its possible to check serial numbers?

edit -

http://www.photosynthesis.co.nz/nikon/lenses.html Serial number seems legit!

That's another thing I noticed, is that the title said it was 1.4, but the description is correct in saying f/4.

I'd almost say that if there's any doubt, you're better off passing. Really up to you, just cover your bases I guess. Again, paypal is another level of safety (but probably not a guarantee).

The description is typed in, which means it could be a typo; OR the person selling the lens does not know that much about it (a.k.a. scam).

The description is automatically filled in with the correct information when you choose from a list, so the fact they got it right there doesn't necessarily mean anything.

I would be very leery on this auction. You have a zero feedback seller, minimal description, incorrect description in the title, and a single picture. Way too many red flags!!!

Ask for additional photographs of the lens. Ask if the person is willing to use an escrow account. There are already way too many red flags on this auction but if they don't do the above I would steer very far away from this auction.

Thanks, Ralph

Most reactions

Back