I Think Someone is PLAGIRISING!!

SlySniper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
elvir.bravehost.com
Hello!

I was at the library today and I was looking at some photography magazines. I was looking in the back trying to find any good deals on lenses or things like that. When I noticed this ad:

dsc006282yv.jpg

Look at the top right picture. The blue one. I could have SWORN I've seen that picture on this forum somewhere. I didn't see any copyright info anywhere so I kinda assumed it was plagarized.

Any comments?

Couple of things...
Maybe the photog sold the rights...or was somehow paid?

Maybe it wasn't there's to display in the first place?

FYI, if you really think someone is plagarizing, it's best to pm a mod rather than post a thread out in the open. I can't say as I remember that photo myself, but I havne't had a lotof time to search the gallerys.

SlySniper said:
You mean that the it was the companies photo to begin with?
No...I mean that maybe they found it somewhere, on the net...and posted it as their own. It wouldn't be the first time someone has tried to take credit for a photo they didn't take.

that seems more believable to me almost. This could topic could turn ugly if it isn't monitored by mods... :er:

woodsac said:
No...I mean that maybe they found it somewhere, on the net...and posted it as their own. It wouldn't be the first time someone has tried to take credit for a photo they didn't take.

I agree and have seen this before. :D

What Corry said is correct, though. If you seriously do think that someone is stealing someone else's images, PM a mod or Chase and I and we will check it out. As for this photo, if you can find the picture in the gallery, PM me a link to it and we can look into it further.

Another idea of what could've happened is that someone took a picture that was very similar to the one in the advertisement, which is also one of the reasons for telling mods/admins in private. ;)

the main thing is, don't point figures in the open discussion. if you think there's someone who might've, for crap sakes don't tell everyone. = :angry1: and flame war...

SlySniper said:
You mean that the it was the companies photo to begin with?

EDIT
------------------------------------------

To Cory: Oh, sorry about that, I didn't know.

That's ok...just remember in the future, ok?

well, I agree with hobbes on the last point. After all, if it's some famous place, it's very possible that someone on the forum took a pic of it and then that someone from the company took one as well. If you take a pic of the eiffel tower, you can't really accuse all the others who did so...

SlySniper said:
Soeey guys. Mods, I think you should go ahead and delete this topic and we can discuss it in PM's.

Again, sorry for causing all this trouble.

aaaw, just when it was getting to some interesting action!
...Joking. Anyhow, I think it's a good thing you pointed that out, Sly. Plagiarism's a serious thing. Maybe PM would've really been better, but hey, no blame, buddy :D

Most reactions

Back