i try...but jeez louise

ok, DON'T starve yourself. That's very unhealthy. I've read that is better to eat 5 smaller meals troughout the day.
@Alex, may be it's working for your friend, but it's really not good to eat nothing for 15 hours.
And as for losing weight, you should do cardio. If you don't like to run, go swim. Good luck with the blog! ;)

pascal

srry about the wife thing i forgot and was to lazy to go look it up again. there has to be something else that u are doing besides drinking beer cause 50 pounds in 5 months is a lot.

Don't starve yourself! That will lead to a metabolism slowdown, which is not what you want.

Have you ever heard of Body For Life?

You might find it interesting.

I haven't done the challenge, per se, but I've implemented the 6 small meals a day, lifting weights, etc. It works!

Go work out.

Every each muscles of your body, not just one.

Daily calorie intake needed to maintain weight: 15 per #. 1# of weight = 3500 calories.

If your initial weight is 200#, an intake of 3,000 calories will maintain it. An intake of 2500 calories will result in a 1#/wk loss. 2000 cal intake = 2#/wk loss, etc. These calculations are independant of the 'type' of diet.

Mind-set is important. If you can get to the point where you can say 'I'm winning!' when you feel hungry, you've got a great start.

Meanwhile, pick up a 60# bag of concrete or mortar mix next time you're in a store which carries such stuff. It will give you a good appreciation of what you're asking your body to do to carry your excess weight around each day.

I've just lost 10lbs in two weeks!

Get on the viral infection diet and you could do it too - side effects are a bit on the iffy side though.

Seriously though, the problem isn't really food, it's the beer - thats what beer does for you. Try a month without beer and see how it goes - not as painful as the viral diet, but just as effective! ;)

I ran into the same problem after i quit smoking I gained 30 pounds in less then a year and I'm eating healthier ...
I was told that your metabolism slows down when you quit smoking.

ive lost 25 pounds since this post!

Most reactions

Back