I want spiders

dylanstraub

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've noticed that there are a lot of spider macro's in this forum and I'm looking for advice. I think spiders are cool and I'd love to get some macro's but I don't know where to look for them. I haven't seen any in the house so I have to look outside. Any suggestions regarding the type of habitat etc would be appreciated. I don't have a nice lighting setup yet but I have a 60mm prime with a nice magnification rate. Information about technique or even a good book that's worked for you would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Depends what spiders your looking for, garden orb weavers make webs pretty much anywhere, wolf spiders tend to be on the ground as they don't make webs and I tend to find jumping spiders on walls facing the sun. You've just got to get out and look for them. I find that you have to look at a small area quite closely and as soon as you get your eye in you will start noticing more and more things.

You can find them pretty much anywhere! Do you have a garage, shed or attic? Look in the corners, you should find plenty of large-ish dark spiders there. Look under stones and rocks or logs and in nooks and crannies in walls. There really are few places where you won't find any!

You're a braver man than I, sticking your nose into dark spiderly corners!

Most reactions

Back