I wish I had $650 for a Rolleiflex!

Seven is a lucky number.

Six is my lucky number. As in I will finish my PhD after 6 years of working on it...

"Rule 408: Time is not the boss of you"

I have a Airesflex and it doesn't get enough use. It takes wonderful, sharp images. This thread has me thinking of getting it out again.

I have a Airesflex and it doesn't get enough use. It takes wonderful, sharp images. This thread has me thinking of getting it out again.

doooooo iiiiiiiiiiiiiiittt...

flexaretVI.jpg

This is what I offered on and won. It's pretty much only missing the color correction filters and lens hood.

Last edited:
My offer was accepted and soon I'll be the proud owner of a Flexaret VI with accessories. It just had to ship from the Czech Republic and should be here mid to late April.

My offer was accepted and soon I'll be the proud owner of a Flexaret VI with accessories. It just had to ship from the Czech Republic and should be here mid to late April.

A nice choice Flexarets are overlooked cameras. I have a very nice coated Mirar lens in a Prontor shutter which I acquired a few years ago, it came from a closed camera repair shop, I need to find a use for it. Meopta lenses had a very good reputation.

Honestly I think the mid-model Yashicamats like the 124G had a better lens anyway.

Having used a Yashicamat 124G and currently owning (and using) a plain 124 I'd ask compared to what ? The Yashinon is a good lens but not quite as good as my Rolleiflex 3.5E2's Xenotar or Microcord's Xpres in term s of overall sharpness, it also lags behind mu Rolleiflex Automat's (Opton) Tessar at wider apertures.

Better is subjective though, I like using my Yashicamat 124 and can live with the slight differences in sharpness

Ian

A nice choice Flexarets are overlooked cameras. I have a very nice coated Mirar lens in a Prontor shutter which I acquired a few years ago, it came from a closed camera repair shop, I need to find a use for it. Meopta lenses had a very good reputation.

I'm excited to see what it can do.

Honestly I think the mid-model Yashicamats like the 124G had a better lens anyway.
Better is subjective though, I like using my Yashicamat 124 and can live with the slight differences in sharpness
[/QUOTE]

Yes. I didn't mean to imply it was anything scientific. I think the Yashicamat is overall more natural though. Not as sharp, but this very well might be what makes it "better" IMO also. Rolleiflex always seemed a little more clinical to me - but I'll be the first to admit this is not a scientific assessment by any measure.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back