I'd like to grab Winter by the throat ...

Cappahayden

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
and shove a flamethrower right up it's arse! We are getting a dump of snow every couple of days. I'm tired of shovelling, scraping, digging, chipping, slipping salting, freezing and paying the heat bill. Tomorrow we are forecasted to be pounded with another 25 cm and blizzard conditions. Monday they are forecasting another dump.... However, on the bright side, I did wake up the the right side of the dirt this mornin' .and the Liquor store is open till 10 pm. All is not lost.

weather.jpg

Ergh. I can relate man, living here in Maine. But, at the same time, I don't personally have to shovel or do anything, I just get days off from school, so whatever. But yeah, screw Winter!

Yoiks! We've been seeing on the weather channel how hard you've been hit this winter. Another 25 cm*???!!! Wow.

(*10 inches, for those not familiar with metric)

Yeah, and the 10 inches by itself I can almost take, but the blizzard conditions means that snow which should of landed 10 kilos away will end up in my driveway.:)

How's the weather in the Maritimes? That's where I'd like to live someday. Halifax especially.

If you're familiar with the weather in Maine or New England in general, would you say it's similar to weather in the Maritime provinces?

I am in Northern Wisconsin and I have had my fill of winter as well. It's been sub zero all week here. It's depressing.

I am in Northern Wisconsin and I have had my fill of winter as well. It's been sub zero all week here. It's depressing.

That sucks, a lot.

Earlier this week it was -30 in Northern Maine without wind chill. It was only ten below in this part of the state, so I laughed pretty hard about that.

Why anyone would choose to live in such conditions is beyond my comprehension.

Why anyone would choose to live in such conditions is beyond my comprehension.
Everyone remember this quote when summer hits and he starts a thread titled "I'd like to grab the sun and heat by the throat and......" :D

Seriously, I agree. It's bad enough in northwestern Pennsylvania. I don't mind the snow we get, I can drive through anything we get (18-24 inches is a big snow, 10 inches out there with breaks in between snows is peanuts) and don't bother to shovel or dig. But when you live in a house the size of a shoebox, the cabin fever sets in quite quick when the cold hits.

Everyone remember this quote when summer hits and he starts a thread titled "I'd like to grab the sun and heat by the throat and......" :D

lol. I love the sun and heat! While you guys are still freezing your marbles off, I'm sitting on a beach or going diving. :thumbup:

My drive home frm work this evening. It was just starting to slow down a little. I plowed the car through the snow in the driveway. I'll deal with it tomorrow.

storm1.jpg

Yes it is kinda funny. I can put up with winter usually with no trouble each year. I grew up here , so I'm use to it. Just every once in a while it can get you when it seems relentless. Tomorrow suppose to be a better day. If I can get out with a camera, all will be fine again. Speaking of being use to a place a couple of years ago I was in West Palm Beach on a course in August. The heat and humidity were brutal, not sure if I could live in it all the time, but if you grew up there, it's manageable, however I did enjoy myself while I was there.

That is why we have air conditioning. Also I try to go on vacation for a week or two around July or August

Most reactions

New Topics

Back