Iguana Portraits - Wild Iguanas in Belize

The background is a bit blown in the first one. The subject is also darker than the background which is not good. Try using a fill flash and under exposing the background. Nice focus though very sharp.

The background is a bit blown in the first one. The subject is also darker than the background which is not good. Try using a fill flash and under exposing the background.

hahahaha... someone telling me to use fill flash! lol! But I didn't have it with me.. and didn't want to use that stupid little thing on top of my D800! The background was so bright, that balancing it would have been impossible. Plus for these shots.. I was going for this look to emphasize the environment! I appreciate the comment though.

Last edited:
The background is a bit blown in the first one. The subject is also darker than the background which is not good. Try using a fill flash and under exposing the background.

hahahaha... someone telling me to use fill flash! lol! DUHHHHH! But I didn't have it with me.. and didn't want to use that stupid little thing on top of my D800! The background was so bright, that balancing it would have been impossible. Plus for these shots.. I was going for this look to emphasize the environment! I appreciate the advice... But I remember being one of the ones teaching you to use flash, when you got your R1 kit for your snakes.. not very long ago!

As far as the subject being darker than the background goes.. does that mean every studio shot on a lit white background needs to be thrown away now? Or every other backlit shot? lol! Please tell me why "It is not good"!

Most reactions

Back