Ilford Delta-3200 Professional

Bauhaus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can this film be devloped with the color chemicals?

Delta-3200 Professional 120 Black & White Print Film (ISO-3200 Push Process)

Developed or Printed?

I've seen people experiment with printing black and white film with color chemicals to produce some interesting results.

I have a couple of rolls of ilford that I have been told can be developed using colour chemicals to give a sepia effect or just developed in the standard b&w method.....

if it says it can be developed as a C41 process, then yes... if it doesn't... back away slowly, and get your sepia effect using toner. no sense risking your pictures. I've never known a film to be an either/or situation...

The film that I was quoted to be either or is.....

*Scurra runs off to his film stash to check*

Ilford super XP2 ISO 400, it does say on the packaging however that it is good to use with C41.

Running black and white film through the C-41 process will result in completely clear film, as the silver is all bleached off. (i.e., don't do this)

Scurra said:
The film that I was quoted to be either or is.....

*Scurra runs off to his film stash to check*

Ilford super XP2 ISO 400, it does say on the packaging however that it is good to use with C41.
I know of no films that are intended as either/or for processing. There are B&W films that develop in traditional B&W chemicals, and there are B&W films that use the C41 color developing chemicals (like T400CN and XP2). With fewer and fewer labs doing traditional B&W developing, film companies came out with a way for people to take B&W pictures using easily an accessible process.

If it says C41, use color processing. If it doesn't, use traditional B&W processing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back