Illuminating Pastel

Steven Dillon

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.stevendillonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Illuminating Pastel is another composition from the area known as Patsy's Garden in the Rose Garden at the Rye Patch in Aiken, SC.

The Artist's Story blog post for this piece (and several others) can be read here: Macro Pansies At Rye Patch In Aiken, SC: Part 1

Techs:
Canon 5D MKIII
F/22
1 second.
ISO-100
180mm + 2X
No Flash
Arca Swiss B1
Gitzo tripod

SD16_0019.jpg

I love pansies. Those are unusual color combinations for pansies, at least up here in this area. We typically see the purple and yellow/yellow with purple or pink and white/purple and white combos. Curious if you changed the colors at all in post with this one?

I love pansies. Those are unusual color combinations for pansies, at least up here in this area. We typically see the purple and yellow/yellow with purple or pink and white/purple and white combos. Curious if you changed the colors at all in post with this one?

Pansies rock, I'm a big fan of those little flowers. I was surprised by the colors as well. Some of them were more pastel than not and I hadn't seen those colors before either. I composed shots in that location over a couple day period and discovered some fantastic subjects (especially some of the wet ones). Check out my The Artist's Story blog post for the details and more compositions here: Macro Pansies At Rye Patch In Aiken, SC: Part 1

Thanks for looking and commenting. :)

Most reactions

Back