Im a complete nube please help

Well, you know what I chose :lol:

With the D5000 you lose:
Wireless Commander mode (with SB-600, 800, 900, etc).
Dual command dials.
Built in focus motor for use with older lenses.
Direct access to some commonly used functions.

ok so d90 it is , when they say body only that mean i have to buy lenses seperate right does 1000 for d90 sound fair to you ?

Sounds kind of high for body only, check out Adorama or B&H Photo... I think they are around $899 or so for body only.

Otherwise if you go with a kit, the 18-55 VR or 18-105 VR is a nice setup to start with.

That's a fair price if it's not a refurb... I just looked at Adorama, they have a refurb kit for about $900 for body and lens (18-105).

I've done it, and would do it again too if the price was attractive enough.

I look at it this way... you're really increasing your odds of getting a winner. Off the line a camera is randomly inspected, however if you go refurb, EVERY camera is inspected and brought up to specs.

That's the one!

I think I'm gonna go cry now, I paid $1299 plus tax for the exact same setup.

Lmao i think imma order it tonight i have to let the wifey know to see if she likes it .

I'm sure you'll be very happy with it, it's a GREAT setup and one you can use easily right out of the box as well as grow into as your skillset develops.

cool beans thx for the advice and ill def post up my first shots

There is a ton of differing opinions out there. When it comes down to it... Canon or Nikon seem to have the biggest followings. (and the biggest selection of lenses, for when you are ready).

As far as a camera body... make sure to visit an actual camera shop. Hold the various options in you hand, up to you eye and so on. Feel and comfort should be a VERY big part of the decision.

If you stick with the big brands... You'll be ok. But be careful. Some, even though they boast they specs you want and they "look" good... When you actually hold it, some feel better than others. Remember... if you buy a nice light camera... qhen you put that nice 200 or 300 mm telephoto on it the "feel" might be wrong for you.

Think of it as a car... you have to try before you buy. :lol:

In the end... get what YOU want.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back