I'm alive!!!

midget patrol

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The surgery went flawlessly. They did it on thursday. Aside from the fact that they found two fragments of bone floating around, everything was perfect.

I don't know who of you all have been under general anesthesia, but he injected it and i was out in 3 seconds... no lie.

They repaired the labrum, which, to my understanding, is like a rim that holds the humorous in the shoulder socket. If the shoulder is a clock, the labrum was torn from 2 to 6... a third of it was torn. No wonder my shoulder's been unstable... :mrgreen:

Anyway... i'll be in a sling for another 4 weeks. I'm really glad i got that over with.

(p.s. Percoset isn't all it's cracked up to be.)

wow! good it went well!

get better soon!

I've been under general anesthesia once. and when the surgeon said to his colleague "let us begin" .. I protested as I was still totally there! ... saying that was the last thing i remember though ;)

I remember going under and they told me to count down from 10 and I don't remember saying anything after 9.

Hope you get well soon!!!!

Im happy to hear your doing well. Its amazing what those doctors can do with anestesia (no clue how to spell that). I remember I was out at about 4 in the 10 count. But thats why the anetesiologist is paid the big bicks i guess.

So glad to hear you are doing well. I can't imagine how painful it use to be and how it must be right now, but all worth it right?

The one time I went under, I asked for the mask as opposed to the needle (big baby, I know) so they put it on and I remember him asking if I had any pets (apparently he caught on to the big baby part or something ;) I didn't even get to count!) and I remember saying "yee..." --- then waking up to three nurses saying the exact same thing around me as I tried to pull out my IV. I was such a horrible patient I am sure. :lol:

Hey, good to hear you are back with us - the living :lol:

Yes, I have had general anaesthesia before (more than once), and it is phenomenal how fast you are gone. When I got my appendix out years and years and years ago I remember I thought "How are they ever going to do surgery on me when all this "falling asleep" does not work at all?", to then move my hand to that area of my tummy and find it ... all bandaged up and quite sore. "Ouch" I thought "It is all over already!" :lol:

The four weeks with your arm in the sling will pass.
You can type.
And get yourself in touch with us.
Isn't that what counts most?

But can you lift a camera?
If not: how large and wide is your archive of photos and what is there that you haven't shown us as yet? You could go on an extensive search of your archives then?

Just heal well and quickly, that is what I wish will happen to you!

Thanks for the good wishes. :) Support is everything -- emotional AND physical (the sling). :p

I'll not be able to lift a camera for 5-6 weeks. Looks like i have some archive-searching to do. Good suggestion, LaFoto.

Yeah, I can type... only with my left hand though. At least I'm left-handed, so i can still write the old-fashioned way with no problems. :mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back