Image modified by photobucket?

Scurra

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Is it me or has photobucket started modifying the images as you upload them. I just uploaded a group of images for use in the general gallery and when they'd been loaded into the photobucket interface they looked less saturated and artificially brightened (I checked them against my full rez JPEGs).

Is this photobuckets attempt to rectify what it assumes are peoples exposure mistakes or am I imagining things?

And if it is the case i'm going to have to stop using photobucket. Does anyone have any suggestions for online galleries that won't do this?

Cheers,

Could it be a color space issue?

I'm not so sure about that, as one of my images (my old profile image) which is a self portrait that was heavily shadowed (to the point that only half my face was visible) was displaying fine on photobucket but when I logged in today it looks very very, bright and grainy, like it's been brightened after the image was taken.

I doubt photobucket is going to take the time to edit the millions of pictures that get uploaded. They are compressing them though if you try to upload a file over 500k or something

Why not post a screenshot of what you see and the link to the file. Then we can tell for certain what's going on. But I will point the finger at colour management.

Why not post a screenshot of what you see and the link to the file. Then we can tell for certain what's going on. But I will point the finger at colour management.

There is a new trick for me how do ytou do this screen shot thing ?

hitting the printscreen button on the keyboard copies the screen to your clipboard :p paste into photoshop or mspaint if you're cheap.

Heh strange, Maybe it's something weird going on with my home setup but my work pc doesn't show the discrepancy in the brightness and colour saturation that my home rig does... but the originals look almost identical..

Ignore my previous rant it looks like the problem is mine and not photobuckets...

hitting the printscreen button on the keyboard copies the screen to your clipboard :p paste into photoshop or mspaint if you're cheap.
Hey thanks thats easy enough

Most reactions

Back