Image posting process, rules, how-tos etc.

I'm anxious to see your work!

Thanks Georgie Girl, but don't forget this is my first attempt ever. We are starting our annual January thaw where the daytime temperature actually climbs above 0°C (about 18°F) and things get a little more conducive to outdoor photography. In the meantime, I have been reading up on the subject and making a list of landscapes I want to try whenever Spring gets here, which in Southern Alberta is anytime after the middle of February or March :lol:...now if I can just get this upload figured out and working, then everything will be hitting paydirt again.

Cheers,

WesternGuy

You are so serious about working hard on this topic that I know you will have done your best. I'll be starting someplace right behind you as a novice soon too. :thumbup:

With flickr goto sharethis tab in the pics page. Select "grab the HTML/BBCode"

The code will appear and you copy the SECOND webaddress in the code.

there is a dropdown box where you pick size. Pick this first as the code changes depending on the size

Once you have the code copied come back to message window and select the add pic icon. paste code and hit OK

Thanks Myshkin for the added info...when I click on "grab the HTML/BBCode", I get a bunch of stuff in the "code box" and then I set the size and then I noticed that there are two radio buttons below where the code is displayed. Do I select the HTML button, or the BBCode button as they give different results to copy and paste from? Also, does the copied address have to be bracketed by the IMG.../IMG tags in the HDR post?

I am sorry that I am so slow to get this, but this posting of stuff is all new to me. I have used Photobucket, once or twice, but Lightroom makes it a lot easier to upload to a flickr account directly, so I need to understand how to do this. Lightroom does not have a preset for Photobucket, although I understand that there is one (a preset) out there somewhere.

Regards,

WesternGuy

you leave that switch on html.

You do not need to put the tags the forum does it for you. just select the icon for adding pics. It is the second icon to the left of the smiley face icon when you are in the message box.
When you click that icon a box pops open where you will paste the address

In flickr you don't need the whole code just copy the second HTML in the code. Start at http and it ends at JPG

NO. You need to select the BBCode radio button for posting here.

Select BBCode, the size you want, then hi-light the text, copy and paste. That's it.

And yes - you do want to copy the whole code.
Copying the whole code will make the picture a clickable link, and also put a link to both that picture and your photostream under the picture.

Josh, thanks for the additional insight. I guess it boils down to whether or not I want to make the picture a clickable link and have a link to my photostream under the posted image. I will have to think about that one for a bit, not that I have any immediate objections to having this link in place, but there are a lot more images, well a few more, that people may or may not be interested in and I guess it depends on whether I think they would be interested in seeing them or not, so maybe I will try it your way and see how that works, I suppose I can always remove the link by editing the post afterwards, but then some people, like me, are always interested in what others are doing as a matter of curiosity - me I'm a very curious person, so having the link may be appropriate.

Regards,

WesternGuy

==============================================
After thought...who knew this post would generate so much discussion, certainly not me; however, I am very grateful to all those who have participated as it has been an excellent learning experience for me and, I hope, any others who may have had similar questions.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back