What's new

Impromptu MK3 Shoot)

tevo

Recovering TPF Junkie
Joined
Nov 19, 2010
Messages
2,507
Reaction score
440
Location
San Jose, CA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A friend of mine asked me if I would photograph his MK3 a day or so ago, so I agreed. He was very happy with the result and we are arranging a longer (paid :D) shoot. Feedback is appreciated!

#1 (he chose the location for this one, wouldn't have been my choice. I work with what I have)

Dillon's Golf by theofficialtevo, on Flickr

#2

Dillon's Golf by theofficialtevo, on Flickr
 
Like you said, obviously the location is horrible. The worse the location, the tighter in on the car you want to be. Let us know how the longer shoot goes.
 
I saw MK3 in the title and opened this hoping it would be dub love... and it was :)

Location is certainly bad for the car but you worked with what you have. I would have liked to have seen a little more DOF. My EXIF reader isn't working for these shots so I'm assuming they were stripped. I do like seeing the driver in the rolling shot though. And it's nice to see a very cleanly done MK3.

I need to do a real shoot on my MK6 before I trade it in this year. Eager to see your results from the next shoot with this car.
 
Like you said, obviously the location is horrible. The worse the location, the tighter in on the car you want to be. Let us know how the longer shoot goes.

For some odd reason he was sold on parking it on the grass. Imo it doesn't reflect the style of the car at all, but I digress. I cropped it as much as I could without making it feel too cramped. Anything I could do to further downplay the location?
 
I saw MK3 in the title and opened this hoping it would be dub love... and it was :)

Location is certainly bad for the car but you worked with what you have. I would have liked to have seen a little more DOF. My EXIF reader isn't working for these shots so I'm assuming they were stripped. I do like seeing the driver in the rolling shot though. And it's nice to see a very cleanly done MK3.

I need to do a real shoot on my MK6 before I trade it in this year. Eager to see your results from the next shoot with this car.

Interesting, they weren't intentionally stripped. I did stack several images for the first one in the interest of lighting, so perhaps exporting from Photoshop stripped it of EXIF data.

As for the DOF, it was tough with the (crap) location since the plants / fence were 20 feet or so behind the car. Next time I will use a REAL location :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom