Improving lighting

I really big softbox?

Not really sure what you're asking about... post processing or waiting for better light?

Well... in regards to lighting, there is of course nothing you can do to "improve the lighting" here. I am presuming you wanted to catch the parachute descent.

All you can do with lighting of a large, outdoor scene like this is shoot when the light is different. So, it would mean having the parachute in position during better lighting conditions.

As for color quality during image capture, outside of better lighting, that means better optics.

I did not explore whether you're shooting digital or film, but I expect digital. So, tweaking the color balance (either in the camera or in editing software) would be the final adjustment.

I also presume when you say "improved" you mean more like reality, which is not always an artist's goal.

Good luck!

-Pete

I really big softbox?

Not really sure what you're asking about... post processing or waiting for better light?

Hello, I meant if at the time I took the photo was proper lighting to make an image of this beach, because I'm just trying to get the best time to take one on the beaches this summer.

Thanks

Well... in regards to lighting, there is of course nothing you can do to "improve the lighting" here. I am presuming you wanted to catch the parachute descent.

All you can do with lighting of a large, outdoor scene like this is shoot when the light is different. So, it would mean having the parachute in position during better lighting conditions.

As for color quality during image capture, outside of better lighting, that means better optics.

I did not explore whether you're shooting digital or film, but I expect digital. So, tweaking the color balance (either in the camera or in editing software) would be the final adjustment.

I also presume when you say "improved" you mean more like reality, which is not always an artist's goal.

Good luck!

-Pete

Hello, thanks for your comment, very interesting, I meant precisely to improve in the time I took the picture, if there are any recommendations to improve these photos of the beaches in the summer time. The last picture I mentioned in the forum was with poor lighting, and wanted to improve in this regard.

Thanks

I meant precisely to improve in the time I took the picture, if there are any recommendations to improve these photos of the beaches in the summer time.

Oh... I see.

Remembering that light AND shadow are necessary to "communicate" depth, shape and texture" of a three dimensional scene in a two dimensional medium, choose a time of day when the sun is at a greater angle.

In the summer, the sun climbs higher and more quickly in the sky. If the beach "faces" north or east, early morning will give you better results. If the beach faces north or west, later in the day... 90 minutes or so before sunset is better. The sun will light beaches with southern exposure for most of the day, but will be very high in the sky providing nearly straight-down lighting.

I hope this helps.

-Pete

Oh... I just realized you're in Lima. Ummm.... I not sure if this applies to the southern hemisphere.

It sort of does, the Sun still rises in the east and sets in the west but it's summer in Lima now and the Sun will be still be almost directly over head.

I meant precisely to improve in the time I took the picture, if there are any recommendations to improve these photos of the beaches in the summer time.

Oh... I see.

Remembering that light AND shadow are necessary to "communicate" depth, shape and texture" of a three dimensional scene in a two dimensional medium, choose a time of day when the sun is at a greater angle.

In the summer, the sun climbs higher and more quickly in the sky. If the beach "faces" north or east, early morning will give you better results. If the beach faces north or west, later in the day... 90 minutes or so before sunset is better. The sun will light beaches with southern exposure for most of the day, but will be very high in the sky providing nearly straight-down lighting.

I hope this helps.

-Pete

Oh... I just realized you're in Lima. Ummm.... I not sure if this applies to the southern hemisphere.

Thank you very much for your explanation, I will try the different angles that you mention, since yesterday the strong sunshine has returned to Lima, and beaches must surely be very interesting again, I hope the sun stays that way until the weekend.

It sort of does, the Sun still rises in the east and sets in the west but it's summer in Lima now and the Sun will be still be almost directly over head.

In the afternoon, the sunshine is hiding fast, I hope as soon as possible to take some photos to practice on the beach at this time of year.

What direction does the beach face?

There are several beaches on a circuit called Green Coast, in the morning, the beaches have the sun behind, and in the afternoon in front of them, the photo I showed in this conversation is in the afternoon, while in the morning is as follows:

Green Coast Beach | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

According to comments I understand I have to deal with photos from different angles when the sun shines in a very nice beach.

Most reactions

Back