Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
9130514022_eb3916e727_o.jpg

amolitor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Cropping the top edge doesn't strike me as a strong choice here. I think this would look very nice square, with the entire object centered with a little space around.

The background could stand to be burned down a little as well, the tonality of the main object is the same as the stuff in the background, which weakens the emphasis on the main thing.

Well done otherwise! It's a good subject, I like the exposure and the rendering of the water droplets.

OP
pez

pez

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Cropping the top edge doesn't strike me as a strong choice here. I think this would look very nice square, with the entire object centered with a little space around.

The background could stand to be burned down a little as well, the tonality of the main object is the same as the stuff in the background, which weakens the emphasis on the main thing.

Well done otherwise! It's a good subject, I like the exposure and the rendering of the water droplets.

Thanks for your analysis- much appreciated! I normally would not have cut the leaf like that, but this frame was the best one I had to work with from a rushed setup at a friend's house, so I decided go with it.
And you're right, square might work better. I spent effort in LR de-emphasizing the brightly lit hedge in the background, which really distracted from the subject!

Most reactions