In need of a PHP script... any help greatly appreciated.

BigRC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.capturedandframed.com
I've got a site I'm wanting to create for the sharing of my pictures. I was wondering if anyone had any PHP code that allows uploading via html and autothumnailing and autopage creation. I know some html, but am not very familiar with PHP. I've looked around for some code, but haven't found any available. Anyone know of how or where to get some good PHP code for those purposes? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

watch out, don't get addicted to php! haha

you may have already found it, but zend.com is an awesome resource for php stuff:

thumbnailing snippets:
http://www.zend.com/codex.php?CID=342

check and see if your hosting provider allows the GD Library (the php graphics library), if they don't you'll have to find one that does. That may be trickier that actually coding, because its hard as heck to compile the GD library on a server, at least it was for me!

Unfortunately autothumbnail does occasionally make the thumbnail look like shite. As nice as automation sounds, i find it just easier to photoshop em.

Thanks so much! I'll check out both sites. I've gotta take off for the night now, but I'll be back sometime on Sunday and will check both out! Really appreciate the help, have a great weekend! :)

I would suggest using Coppermine as well. The other big one is Gallery but I dont like it personally.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back