Incan Tern and Roseate Spoonbill

mdsphotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
ReducedIncanTern.jpg

ReducedSpoonbill.jpg

These two were taken at the same zoo as my B&W photo, "Why Me". C&C welcomed and thanks as always for taking the time to view my photos and giving critiques.

Mark

If you're using LightRoom, try giving that "chromatic aberration" checkbox a punch.

The CA is quite pronounced in these, but they are nice little bird portraits. The first one seems to have missed focus a tad. I'd like to see focus on the eyes instead the beak. The second one seems to be not sharp, but I'm not sure why. It could be from too slow a shutter speed but without EXIF data it's hard to tell.

The CA is quite pronounced in these, but they are nice little bird portraits. The first one seems to have missed focus a tad. I'd like to see focus on the eyes instead the beak. The second one seems to be not sharp, but I'm not sure why. It could be from too slow a shutter speed but without EXIF data it's hard to tell.

Learnign as I go, I have since, as part of my work flow, made it a point to check both boxes in LR6's Lens Corrections and Adobe Faithful in Camera Calibration.

As for the first one, I was trying manually focusing through netting in an attempt to eliminate it from being visible in the photography while also trying to get a clear focus on the subject. Your right, I ended up with a sharper focus on the beak. As for the settings it was Canon T7i, F5.6,iso6400,800.

As for the Spoonbill the aperture and ISO were the same but the shutter speed was 1/1000

Most reactions

Back