Incorporating "Buy Print" into website...

robb01

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a fairly simple website, I'm wanting to add a gallery of different images, and want any website visitor to have the option of buying a print from the image in the gallery.

The website is wordpress based, was thinking there is probably a gallery plugin I could use or something, just havent found aynthing

You can use Paypal to manually create buttons for stuff on various pages, otherwise there's a load of WP plugins you can use.

I know the wp-ecommerce has a premium upgrade to add a buy button to the nextgen gallery plugin, but I've not used it, and it might not be the right aesthetic for you.

Ideally, I don't want to deal with the printing or anything. I'd like the visitor to be able to buy the print (incl. the option to have it framed or on canvas). I figured there was probably some third party that would handle all of that for a cut of the sales amount.

I don't believe there's anything out there as complex as what you're looking for in a WordPress plugin. As already said, it's fairly straightforward to add PayPal buttons to things, but it sounds like you are looking for a full-service option.

You might want to look into Etsy, Fine Art America or Photoshelter as possibles avenues, and I know there are a lot more out there that are similar.

Hope that helps.

Nigel

I found it! fotomoto.com

It works great! had to tweak my theme a bit but it adds a "Buy Print" right under each photo in my gallery. If someone wants to buy a print, then fotomoto handles everything, and takes a 15% cut.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back