What's new

Infrared river shot

hanyo66

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 2, 2007
Messages
93
Reaction score
0
Location
Go Steelers
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
2526433988_33a6f6de0c.jpg

Larger: http://www.flickr.com/photos/leehanyo/2526433988/sizes/l/

Thoughts?
 
It's a nice shot, but kinda "blah." I think more contrast or more of a diference between the sky and the water would be better.
 
I'll open it up in PS and see what I can do tomorrow. I'm not up for anymore editing tonight.
 
Up the contrast, and definitely darken the sky. A non-dark sky is the biggest problem with digital IR other than the long shutter speeds.

Also consider stacking a polariser on there too, that helps even more to darken both sky and water but will probably cause vignetting.
 
God it looks like the trees the first part of the week-end here.
 
Thanks for the comments and tips!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom