What's new

Infrared

robertojoven

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 18, 2010
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Location
Los Angeles
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are photos of 11x14 fiber prints. They are definitely not representative of the actual prints themselves as far as contrast, tonality, exposure, or overall aesthetic appeal. However, I got them close enough to get some sort of idea.

I'm looking for critique as far as composition/theory goes since the actual prints don't look the same as these.
img0030la.jpg


img0029q.jpg


img0026rn.jpg


img0023wz.jpg


img0021sde.jpg


img0015vm.jpg
 
Last edited:
Hi,

I like them, they have a very surreal feeling about them, which is usual in Infrared.

Image 1 and 2, composition is good with some nice strong shapes and good balance.

Image 3: This isn't working for me at all, there object in the foreground is too close to the bottom of the frame and there is nothing to counter it.

Image 4: As above, it isn't working for me. I think in this case it is because the horizon is too close to the centre of the frame.

Image 5: I'm not a fan of head on shots of buildings in general so I'd not be the best to critique this. Despite what you are saying about tones, exposure et al not matching there is a huge blast of light coming off something underneath the liquor sign.

Steve
 
I really like #2 except the mail box. Film or Digital? if its digital is that a filter or did you convert your camera?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom