Insanity

Austin Greene

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.austingreenephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I visited the Sacramento Zoo with the girlfriend over the weekend, and I noticed how incredibly loud some of the children were. Roaring at lions, yelling at Orangutans, and telling birds to "shut-up."

This poor girl was tormented by the incessant tapping and roaring of children behind her, via a glass viewing window in one of the few shaded regions of her enclosure. After trying to nap for almost an hour, she eventually got up and moved to a different, smaller corner. Along the way, passing by a large, empty swimming pool which I suspect has been made so because of the drought.

I like the Zoo, but it's a sad day when parent's don't teach their children respect, and Tiger's don't even get water to swim in.

Insanity
by TogaLive, on Flickr

At the SF Zoo the tiger climbed out and ate at least one obnoxious teenager. And then, inexplicably, the cops shot the tiger.

Very sad for the parents and all, of course. And of course everyone was all 'OMG the tigers can escape? The Zoo is soo terrible!' when in reality is is essentially impossible to restrain a genuinely motivated tiger. All Zoos rely on the basic laziness of the animal.

Tiger has his eyes on the photographer. Must be a crush or something.

It's trying to read the model number of his camera. You know; bored, bored, bored.

At the SF Zoo the tiger climbed out and ate at least one obnoxious teenager. And then, inexplicably, the cops shot the tiger.

Very sad for the parents and all, of course. And of course everyone was all 'OMG the tigers can escape? The Zoo is soo terrible!' when in reality is is essentially impossible to restrain a genuinely motivated tiger. All Zoos rely on the basic laziness of the animal.
I heard about that incident. As I recall, the kids were throwing rocks at the tiger. Joe rogan has a comedy bit talking about this story as well.
As for the topic, I'm not personally a supporter of zoos, or marine land either.

Personally, I think they should all be banned. Why people think it's acceptable to cage wild animals purely for entertainment purposes, is beyond me. When I was at the Assininboine Park Zoo in Winnipeg, I witnessed snow leopards and lynx in woefully small enclosures, pacing about out of sheer frustration. Bald eagles in aviaries that they couldn't fly in and monkeys in small rooms.

I appreciate there are breeding programs that go on but, these don't need to be in view of the public and certainly in significantly more natural habits with ample room to roam.

I totally agree. I feel sorry for the animals. Though some zoos have a lot more space than others and have water to swim, but really they belong in the wild.

Well, you've captured the essence of the tiger's insanity. I like the dramatic angle and positioning of the animal, and how the children's faces are covered by the bamboo as they're blurry and darker - separated nicely from the main subject.
I love the shot. Sad story though, I feel sorry for "attraction".

Most reactions

New Topics

Back