Interested in comments

CardeduSteve

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A,long time digital SLR photographer these days I rarely move away from my Samsung phone.

Captured this some time ago...

Could it be any better via SLR?

Hello and welcome but I cannot see an image.....

I get as far as uploading the image....

But then there is no button to complete

Attachments

• IMG-20180627-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20180627-WA0007.jpg
    312.8 KB · Views: 129
Yes, I see it now. Yes you probably could improve on this shot with a DSLR.

A d-slr would allow higher technical image quality (more detail in the skin, for example) and also would allow better/different lens "looks", because the lens could be changed on a d-slr. Close-up shots of faces made with a smartphone camera tend to make the nose and chin look a bit large; with a d-slr and longer lens, shot from farther away, the face can be,literally, rendered in a different way, a way that most people feel looks more-pleasing than a smartphone shot.

The focus on this is not on the eyes, the hood fur and the scarf are sharper. A slr would have allowed you to use single poin focus to select the focal point.

That’s a decent shot and one that is great for being shot on a phone but a camera is just a tool and some tools are better than others for the job at hand. Also the hands the tool is in makes a pretty good difference too.

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

A d-slr would allow higher technical image quality (more detail in the skin, for example) and also would allow better/different lens "looks", because the lens could be changed on a d-slr. Close-up shots of faces made with a smartphone camera tend to make the nose and chin look a bit large; with a d-slr and longer lens, shot from farther away, the face can be,literally, rendered in a different way, a way that most people feel looks more-pleasing than a smartphone shot.
different-lenses-focal-length-perspective-spatial-distortion-example-gif-3.gif

Most reactions

Back