Interesting Group Photo

loves_guitar

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all,

I'm sure I'm not the only one that has been asked to take a group shot for a Christmas card this year!

In thinking about this shot, I'm struggling with coming up with an interesting composition. I need to shoot a group size of about 12 adults. I don't want it to look like a school class photo, but I'm scared it might become that.

Any suggestions? Let the creative juices flow and share some ideas. Maybe you've taken some interesting group shots and would like to share.

It's tough balancing the practical side and artistic side of photography at the same time.

Thanks people.

Look at some other groups shots...wedding albums, magazines, the internet etc...just find some group shots that catch your eye. That can give you a place to start...then go from there.

I agree, try to avoid the static looking class photo. Don't have them stand in straight rows...stagger them. Make triangles.

If you can find a large staircase, that will help.

to create a more dinamic image i take the grouping of 12 and do two groups of 6 in the same picture and tie them together, I hope that makes sence

make them form (a) Christmas tree(s) (use stairs, crates or tables for hight differences). Then they would all have to wear green and hold a candle...;)

(ok, so I'm not good at this :mrgreen::mrgreen:)

let us know what you come up with!

pascal

Most reactions

New Topics

Back