Investment

walter23

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
okay, this is absolutely my last one today. Time to stop photo editing and go drink some beer or something.

invest-working4-smaller-fix.jpg

Took a lot of work to get to this point. My original was grossly underexposed, but it was spur of the moment and I really liked the image.

Original:

invet-starting.jpg

I like it but what is he holding in his hand? The idea of "investing in your future" and (what looks like) a homeless person draws attention. Your composition is very good but you may want someone to check your onboard light meter...

railman44 said:
Your composition is very good but you may want someone to check your onboard light meter...

I had -2 stops of exposure compensation on when I shot this... was pretty rushed and forgot to reset it to normal :)

Yeah, it's a homeless guy. The thing in his hand is a chocolate easter egg that he offered (very insistently) after we gave him money.

I think the original is much stronger than the crop. Good eye. It would be fun to hang out at that spot for hours and see what you came up with. Keep in mind that cropping that heavy outside the camera is a bad habit to get into.

craig said:
I think the original is much stronger than the crop. Good eye. It would be fun to hang out at that spot for hours and see what you came up with. Keep in mind that cropping that heavy outside the camera is a bad habit to get into.

I have to agree with craig, wish I could see the orginal with a little photoshop work. The reason for cropping is because the background blows out when corrected?

Most reactions

Back