TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
08-26.jpg

08-27.jpg

Wow. It seems that my pictures are SO desolate that they've scared everyone away! ;)

No one wants to comment??

I think the problem is that there is so little contrast that the horizon is almost invisible. The second one looks better because the wood provides a little contrast, but it's not enough. IMO there needs to be some contrast between the water and sky and/or something to give the horizon some defintion, but the overall composition looks good to me (although the first one looks a tad tilted). Maybe a little post processing would fix them right up. I can't really say because I can't photoshop to save my life.

Just my opinion and you should probably take it with a grain of salt because I'm a total new to photography as it is.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, now that you mention it, the first picture IS a tad tilted. I'm surprised I missed it, I'm usually very quick to notice!

Thanks for your comment.

I like the 2nd picture.

*edit*
I will go into it a little more

They are both pretty good pictures, its just there is a lack of connection for me. In the first picture I'm searching for a subject. In the 2nd picture.. the wood draws my eye and gives the image some.. hmm.. character i guess you could say.

I would say that the lack of comments is due to nothing fully standing out to people. They are good shots, but I would think some are like me and just havent formed a connection with the picture.

I prefer the second picture, like most people above I feel that the wood in the foreground gives the image a focus.

Having said that I would have been tempted to get down lower and try and fill the bottom half of the frame with the driftwood a bit more.

I do like the 2nd better. The sky is bland so having only 1/3 sky and 2/3 subject is better.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back