iPad/iPhone Contract Signing Apps Questions

waynegz1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.wphotographysat.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Anyone use an app for signing contracts/releases on your iPhone or iPad?

I think that it is a sweet idea, and would go along perfectly with my Sqaure Card Reader.

I have read up on some of the apps, but seems like most of them do not allow you to upload your own contracts.

Who uses/has used any app along these lines? How'd you like it?

I have "Photographer's Contract Maker" on my iPhone which I use to create model releases all the time, but since most stock agencies do not accept electronic signatures, I don't have them sign it on the phone. I print it.

Are those release forms on your own letterhead, or are they the generic ones that come built in the app? As far as I have read, they are stock but you can "tweak" them a bit.

I wanted to upload my own wedding/portrait contracts and have them electronically signed, but not sure if there is such an app out there:/

The app I use "Photographer's Contract Maker" lets you tweak the built-in contracts for your own use (which I have done). It does allow you to include a logo as well. The main reason I use it is because I can take a picture of the model with my iPhone and it's embedded into the release. Otherwise, I'd just use a pre-printed contract all the time.

And it does allow you to have the model/client sign the release/contract on the phone (or iPad). I just don't use that feature because stock agencies won't accept it.

How do the models sign the contract? The iPad / iPhone doesn't support digital ink, does it?

If you used a Windows slate device, the model could sign the document directly and you could print it, email it, etc. It would be a "real" signature, not an electronic signature.

How do the models sign the contract? The iPad / iPhone doesn't support digital ink, does it?

If you used a Windows slate device, the model could sign the document directly and you could print it, email it, etc. It would be a "real" signature, not an electronic signature.

Huh? A signature with a stylus on an iPad isn't good enough?

Huh? A signature with a stylus on an iPad isn't good enough?

That was my question. You can see that I asked if the iPad supported digital ink, and I indicated that I thought it didn't. If you're saying it does, than awesome, there you go.

Most reactions

Back