Iphone Rant - Text messaging

ceejtank

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm a droid fan. I dislike apple on principle. Lots of people have made the bad decision to own an iphone. I'm not arguing that.. does anyone else have friends who have iphones, who get old text messages from their iphones?

I have 2 or 3 friends who I text/get texts from pretty frequently, and since they have an iphone, they just let the size of our conversations get into thousands of texts long.. and once they do, i'll just start receiving random old texts.. like I'll send them a text that's like "Hey - what's going on".. and get a response back like "not much - you?" which is normal.. but hten a few secondes later I'll get something like "Wow the packers played awesome last night".. and I'm like.. packers havent played in months...?

Anyone else have this happen to them? It's not just one person or I'd say it was an issue with their phone...

/endrant

Thats NOT a iphone issue its a issue with the cell phone carrier.

I don't delete old conversations either and I use the iPhone...never had this happen or ppl just aren't telling me lol on that note though I wish I had gotten the Samsung galaxy instead of the iPhone. :/

I'd agree with you if they all had the same phone carrier.. but 2 are verizon.. 1 is at&t (that i've experienced the issue with).

And anybody who doesn't do maintenance / cleanup on their phone is asking for problems! lol! Iphone or otherwise...

And anybody who doesn't do maintenance / cleanup on their phone is asking for problems! lol! Iphone or otherwise...

Probably true.. but none of my droid / WP8 friends have ever had this issue with me.. i mean people with iphones or macs generally speaking don't know much about electronics ("They just work").. and I'm not trying to hate on apple or it's users here.. but this morning, a girl who i helped move out of her apartment like 3 months agos phone started sending me texts again.. and she moved out because her boyfriend hit her.. and those were the messages I was receiving again. so it was like NOT AGAIN I THOGUHT YOU BROKE UP WITH HIM.. and all that stuff.. turns out her terrible iphone was just re-sending old texts.. but what a way to startle a guy.. right? haha

I'd agree with you if they all had the same phone carrier.. but 2 are verizon.. 1 is at&t (that i've experienced the issue with).

Well then I would say that the chance of two different phones that both happen to send you messages both having such a random and unheard of issue then perhaps the issue may be your phone.

Well then I would say that the chance of two different phones that both happen to send you messages both having such a random and unheard of issue then perhaps the issue may be your phone.

Well I didn't want to go into all details.. but i've had it with multiple phones.. with the droid (original by motorola) the HTC incredible 1 and 2, and my droid RAZR. I think you're just iphone fan-boying it right now.. haha. The only static detail is that when i get messages re-sent, its from my friends who have iphones.

And a few of my other friends have had it happen to them too.. Normally I'd just shrug it off and ignore it, but as you see the subject matter of the texts that got resent this AM had me in rant mode.. haha

ceejtank; can you see Light Guru's point?

Here's a test; ask to view your friend's iPhones and look in the sent messages. If they are actually being sent, they will be listed there.

Never had issues like that, sounds like a carrier problem and not iPhone.

I see what he's getting at, but yes they can see them as being resent.

I'm not a big iPhone fan either - Droid for me, definitely - but I have to admit, my Sony Xperia has done this exact thing, sent messages months on end later... funnily enough, most notably to iPhones (my partner and sis-in-law both have iPhones) but I suspect it might've happened from mine to a friend's HTC Droid too... so maybe not just an iPhone issue. Darned annoying though, not to mention embarrassing for me when all three text back (or in one case, called) to query what the blazes was going on and I had no earthly clue!!

His friends are just resending them on purpose now, to mess with him.

I think everyone needs to boycott all texting, until "they" get this fixed! ;)

Most reactions

Back