toscanafoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I want to share with the community my experience of my recent trip in Iraq

A beautiful trip of mainly cultural and archaeological interest to learn more about the traditions , the uses and customs of the Population of this fascinating Country and also to visit the beautiful mosques from breathtaking beauty and in some villages to admire the common life ... ! The itinerary of approx 2000 km has been covered in approx 11 days through rural villages and a lot of large chaotic cities

To see the photo gallery of my trip click on the link below

Iraq

Photos are taken in : Baghdad - Mosul - Babylon - Basra - Kerbela - Erbil - Najaf - Tikrit - Ukhaidir - Samarra - Chibayish - Uruk - Nasiriyah - Fallujah - Ctesiphon - Dujail - Kalak - Qurnah - Amarah - Hoja - Kifl - Ur - Samawah - Kut - Borsippa - Abu Ghraib

P.s. to know the location where the photographs were taken , enlarge them individually clicking on it and read under the picture

I have no reason to doubt your legitimacy, but many like myself are very hesitant about clicking on unknown links. There's also rules in place regarding click bait or links designed to draw traffic away from the forum. Rather than posting a link I think you'll receive more interaction from members by including some of the better images in your post.

Your photos are very interesting. It must have been a fascinating trip. How did you engage the people before you took their picture? Did you ask permission?

Normally I won't click on links, but since this is a Flickr link I took a look. Some very nice and very interesting photos. Don't be afraid to copy the BBCode link and show them here on the TPF site, there are some really nice shots in that set.

I have no reason to doubt your legitimacy, but many like myself are very hesitant about clicking on unknown links. There's also rules in place regarding click bait or links designed to draw traffic away from the forum. Rather than posting a link I think you'll receive more interaction from members by including some of the better images in your post.

I agree with smoke....
The link is to his Flickr page just as my link below and many others here. If you spent a moment to check, you would have realized this as well. Your suspicions are unfounded. Accusing a member of clickbaiting is insulting.

The link is to his Flickr page just as my link below and many others here. If you spent a moment to check, you would have realized this as well. Your suspicions are unfounded. Accusing a member of clickbaiting is insulting
Might want to check the brakes Alan, before this becomes an issue. I never accused the OP of anything, to the contrary, I said I had no reason to doubt. There are in fact forum rules regarding clickbait and links drawing traffic away from the forum, but again I never accused the OP of that. As to the link posted by the OP, there's no way of knowing that his link is to a Flickr gallery unless you right click and inspect, an option that isn't available on phones. FYI your link you reference shows up when viewing this on my computer as the full address to a flicker site.......It doesn't show up at all on a mobile device.

I use Flicker for sharing, but (and this is just my personal opinion) I always thought it rude and a waste of the viewer's time, to expect the them to have to go off site to view my images. TPF and Flickr make it very easy to work together by simply copying and pasting the BB code from Flickr which then shows the image in the post. After all this is a place for interaction on the forum....not Flickr.

Since this was posted in the General Gallery, I'd also refer you to the wording under the heading: "A gallery for sharing photos and getting feedback, including general critique. Don't see anything in there about "links", maybe because it's difficult at best to be swapping back and forth between different sites, if you do expect any critique.

I'm sure you didn't mean any more harm than I did, but if you feel the need to carry it further, then there are also rules about arguments on the open forum, please feel free to PM me.

Last edited:
The link is to his Flickr page just as my link below and many others here. If you spent a moment to check, you would have realized this as well. Your suspicions are unfounded. Accusing a member of clickbaiting is insulting.
I fail to see where either other user accusing the OP of clickbaiting. Smoke is advising of his hesitation to follow links posted by relatively new users. Additionally, the link posted is not obviously to Flickr.

Might want to check the brakes Alan, before this becomes an issue. I never accused the OP of anything, to the contrary, I said I had no reason to doubt. There are in fact forum rules regarding clickbait and links drawing traffic away from the forum, but again I never accused the OP of that. As to the link posted by the OP, there's no way of knowing that his link is to a Flickr gallery unless you right click and inspect, an option that isn't available on phones. FYI your link you reference shows up when viewing this on my computer as the full address to a flicker site.......It doesn't show up at all on a mobile device.

I use Flicker for sharing, but (and this is just my personal opinion) I always thought it rude and a waste of the viewer's time, to expect the them to have to go off site to view my images. TPF and Flickr make it very easy to work together by simply copying and pasting the BB code from Flickr which then shows the image in the post. After all this is a place for interaction on the forum....not Flickr.

Since this was posted in the General Gallery, I'd also refer you to the wording under the heading: "A gallery for sharing photos and getting feedback, including general critique. Don't see anything in there about "links", maybe because it's difficult at best to be swapping back and forth between different sites, if you do expect any critique.

I'm sure you didn't mean any more harm than I did, but if you feel the need to carry it further, then there are also rules about arguments on the open forum, please feel free to PM me.
I believe you could have been more kind to a new poster. Also if you couldn't check the link because you were on your cell phone, you should have waited until you could before taking shots at him. Having said all that, maybe I shouldn't have said anything publicly as well, but I was frankly defending the guy because I think you were unnecessarily harsh with him.

I want to share with the community my experience of my recent trip in Iraq

A beautiful trip of mainly cultural and archaeological interest to learn more about the traditions , the uses and customs of the Population of this fascinating Country and also to visit the beautiful mosques from breathtaking beauty and in some villages to admire the common life ... ! The itinerary of approx 2000 km has been covered in approx 11 days through rural villages and a lot of large chaotic cities

To see the photo gallery of my trip click on the link below

Iraq

Photos are taken in : Baghdad - Mosul - Babylon - Basra - Kerbela - Erbil - Najaf - Tikrit - Ukhaidir - Samarra - Chibayish - Uruk - Nasiriyah - Fallujah - Ctesiphon - Dujail - Kalak - Qurnah - Amarah - Hoja - Kifl - Ur - Samawah - Kut - Borsippa - Abu Ghraib

P.s. to know the location where the photographs were taken , enlarge them individually clicking on it and read under the picture
Nice pictures, you are very lucky to have travelled to such a historical place.
I remember studying the Babylonian empire at school (many moons ago!) and it triggered a fascination I never lost, have since travelled to many parts of that area since but never made it to Iraq.

I believe you could have been more kind to a new poster. Also if you couldn't check the link because you were on your cell phone, you should have waited until you could before taking shots at him. Having said all that, maybe I shouldn't have said anything publicly as well, but I was frankly defending the guy because I think you were unnecessarily harsh with him.

First off, though he hasn't been very active if "you" look at his signature block the OP has been a member for 16+ years. That's the reason for the first sentence of my post "I have no reason to doubt". Had it been a brand new member I would have had serious questions on intent.

Second, I repeat I didn't take shots at anyone. I was expressing "my" reluctance of clicking on unknown links. To believe a viewer of images posted offsite, must first have to ascertain the safety of a link before clicking, especially when TPF is the "premier" site for sharing images and discussion of same, is arrogantly presumptuous. TPF like most sites gets bombarded by spam, to thier credit the moderators do a good job of making it a site where members don't have to worry about safety. Unknown links create extra work for them to determine if the images even meet TPF criteria for posting.

"maybe I shouldn't have said anything publicly", finally, something we can agree on. If you want to continue this discussion I suggest you start your own thread, PM me or block me, the choice is yours, but playing this out on someone else's thread is rude.

I went through your first page of twenty and was very impressed! You had good equipment, knew how to use it, and got pics of things I didn't know existed there. It would be great if you picked a few of your favorites and posted them here. I really liked the gold plated temple, and the temple of chandaliers. Great job!

Most reactions

Back