Is camcorder better than camera?

Coupon92123

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everybody,
Currently the camera is integrated on the smart phones. But personally I find that if I want to take pictures, the camera will still have its own strengths and differences. I have learned that there is also a camcoder. So is camcoder better than camera? Hope everyone can explain for me.
Thanks very much.

Camera = still images.
Camcorder = video / movie.

Sensor size.
Original digital camcorders has a sensor around 1 inch.
Your cell phone is approx. 1/8 sq. inch or smaller.

I know that but I am looking to buy a new camera so it is very important for your sharing to be able to choose the one that I like the best.

Sensor size.
That is also one of the reasons I want to buy a camera that suits my taste better.

In low light, a DSLR or mirrorless camera will often produce a better quality video than a camcorder simply because they tend to have a larger sensor. Most cameras record data onto memory cards while many camcorders record onto
built-in hard drives so if you take a lot of HD videos, the lack of storage can be an issue.

I know that but I am looking to buy a new camera so it is very important for your sharing to be able to choose the one that I like the best.

You're asking a completely and totally vague question.

You say you want 'the best'. Fact is, 'the best' just doesn't exist. If it did, you wouldn't need to ask the question because there would only be one camera on the market.

But many exist, and the reason are varied. Quality, features, price... many factors go into bringing a product to market. Good gear isn't cheap, and cheap gear may not be good for you.

In order to properly answer your original question, we'll need to know what you plan to use it for, what your expectations are, what your budget is.....

It's kind of like asking, "What's the best vehicle for me?". Too ambiguous. While a Porsche 911 might be a nice car, you won't see too many farmers hauling a hay wagon with one. By the same token, you won't find too many young adults 'scooping the loop' in a John Deere.

What you need to do is quantify your requirements, go to manufacturer's websites, find which cameras have the features and functions you require, then see if you can find any that fit your budget. Once you've narrowed down the choices available (if there are any), you need to make a decision. Which one would work best for you, or perhaps increase your budget in order to get what you are looking for.

Need to know how much video work you want to do as well DSLR s are limited to 29min 59 sec of video recording

Sensor size.
Thanks you so much

In low light, a DSLR or mirrorless camera will often produce a better quality video than a camcorder simply because they tend to have a larger sensor. Most cameras record data onto memory cards while many camcorders record onto
built-in hard drives so if you take a lot of HD videos, the lack of storage can be an issue.
Thanks a lot

Most reactions

Back