What's new

Is it Billards or is it Pool

Tinstafl121 117

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Dec 14, 2007
Messages
886
Reaction score
1,056
Location
Valley of Virginia and RVA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Erika likes to play pool
AErika-20260128JASB0002283.webp
AErika-20260128JASB0002288.webp
AErika-20260128JASB0002272.webp
AErika-20260128JASB0002305.webp
AErika-20260128JASB0002275.webp
 
Nice shots. Definately pool...it has corner and side pockets. I don't recall ever seeing a pool table with red felt before. I like it.
 
Nice, I prefer 1 & 2 with their use of DOF, balls/cue to draw the eye into the model. Just a srictly personal opinion, nose piercings, especially septum are a huge turnoff for me. I grew up on a farm where nose rings were used on hogs to keep them from rooting, when I see a woman with a nose piercing, memories come up.
 
Last edited:
Nice, I prefer 1 & 2 with their use of DOF, balls/cue to draw the eye into the model. Just a srictly personal opinion, nose piercings, especially septum are a huge turnoff for me. I grew up on a farm where nose rings were used on hogs to keep them from rooting, when I see a woman with a nose piercing, memories come up.
Sadly many of my subjects have them. Some will remove them others keep them.

Nice shots and idea. I’m think it would work better if it was in proper pool or snooker hall.
It would but there are none around me.
 
Honestly I didn't realize there's a difference between pool and billiards. 😅

I also like the depth of field in 1 and 2.
 
I grew up in a small rural town that had a great pool hall (not the smoky dingy kind), where all the teenagers gathered. Over time I grew proficient in 8 Ball, 9 Ball and Snooker.

True Billiards is played on a larger table with no pockets and 3 balls, never had a chance to play it. Pool (pocket billiards) uses a smaller table with 6 pockets and 15 balls striped & solid numbered numerically and 1 cue ball, as is 8 Ball. 9 Ball, same table only 9 solid balls numerically numbered and 1 cue ball. Snooker was played on a larger table with smaller pockets/balls. There were 15 solid reds, 6 solid colors and 1 cue ball.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom