Is it just me or are names getting crazier these days.

table1349

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Not forum names but names of public figures to whit: Iggy Azalea?????

Yes there was an Iggy Pop, but it seems that the name Iggy is closely related to show business/music. Iggy Name Meaning - Famous People Named Iggy

Granted there have been some others such as Moon Unit and Dweezil Zappa, but back then Frank did like his drugs.

Granted I am not much of a Rap fan, but Iggy Azelea just doesn't have the same ring to at as 50cent, Puff Daddy, 2Pac Shakur, Snoop Doggy Dogg, or Biggie Smalls.

Granted I am not much of a Rap fan, but Iggy Azelea just doesn't have the same ring to at as 50cent, Puff Daddy, 2Pac Shakur, Snoop Doggy Dogg, or Biggie Smalls.

Iggy Azelea is from Australia and not part of West coast or east coast hip hop culture like, 50cent, 2Pac, and Snoog Dogg. She has her own style of music just like Eminem who is from Detroit.

Last edited:
Gosh, just look at these peoples names:

-Gryphon Slair
-Zombie Sniper
-Tec Boy

What are people thinking?

Gosh, just look at these peoples names:

-Gryphon Slair
-Zombie Sniper
-Tec Boy

What are people thinking?
Ah yes, but this was about publicly known people, not forum names.

Iggy Azelea is from Australia and not part of West coast or east coast hip hop culture like, 50cent, 2Pac, and Snoog Dogg. She has her own style of music just like Eminem who is from Detroit.
True enough however Amelia Kelly, her given name, is a perfectly lovely name, and frankly Iggy Azelea makes her sound like a professional wrestling character.

But aren't you debating stage names, not real names? What's the difference between you being called "gryphonslair99" and Amelia being called "Iggy"?

As said before, her parents named her Amethyst Amelia Kelly. Many entertainers use stage name. It's branding. Tom Cruise is really Thomas Mapother IV, Vin Diesel is Mark Sinclair, Charlie Sheen is Carlito Estavez.

But aren't you debating stage names, not real names? What's the difference between you being called "gryphonslair99" and Amelia being called "Iggy"?
The difference is in this anonymous world of the internet with the billions of people using it simple names get redundant and unusable on many sites as they all require unique names.

Iggy Azelea is a recognizable person in not only the online but real world.

We have a couple of sisters here. The names?.....Bit and Doodles. WTF are parents thinking?
Whats really sad and this is a true story. Years ago while on patrol I had to occasion to stop a vehicle one night for having only one headlight. A clear violation, that receives a citation. The citation however is easily cared for. Within 14 days fix the problem then go to any LEO in the city and have them inspect it. They sign off on it and you send the signed off ticket in. All done. No fine, no costs except a stamp and the cost of the fix.

The persons name was Samalie Peenis. Yes it was pronounced Small-e Penis. And yes this person was born in the US. Again, what were the parents thinking.

Have you seen the movie 'Meet the Parents'? It is pretty funny.
No, I detest movie theaters and have not caught it on TV yet. I will have to check it out next time it is on.

Sometimes life is better than fiction. Few days ago on the news- Ellen DeGeneres showed a picture of a woman's real estate sign with her name prominently displayed at the top. Shortly thereafter the Georgia real estate agent in question filed a lawsuit against DeGeneres for poking fun at her name - Titi Pierce. You just can't make up stuff this good!!!

Most reactions

Back