Is it wrong?

hobbes28

Incredible
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.fatephoto.com
I went and took some pictures for a local realty company that we bought our house through. They were going to use the pictures for some ads and website and such. Our realtor is a really nice person so it was a pleasure to shoot the pictures.

We're walking through the grocery store last week and Alison notices that the pictures I took are on the front ad of the shopping cart we're pushing around. Is it wrong that I was more excited about that ad then when I had a picture published?

Yeah, the closest i've had to published is a picture that was used for someones website.

I didn't get paid, but I was excited.

I agree though, are you getting anything for the ad?

Thanks ya'll. It was pretty cool to see it there.

We did the shoot for a flat rate for the ads so we already got paid for the pictures. She also comes to us for any of her shoots and recommends us to a lot of people so it was more like doing the pictures for a friend but with mutual benefits. ;)

hey hobbes,
the first thing, when you looked at it...did you think, "hey that looks great!!" ?

isnt it funny how when you see your stuff out, and it hits you all of a sudden..you can see it with new eyes, and i bet you thought, man, thats a great shot!!

congrats..and i dont think money would matter as much as the excitement of your shot being seen by hundreds and/or thousands of people......way to go, cuzzin!!

I had about 5 pictures in the local paper last year when we had our town celebration.....they approached ME when they saw me taking pictures, and I said I'd let them use them as long as they credited me...the didn't. They had also said they'd be interested in me taking them this year, but since they didn't credit me last year, I didn't give em to em. Too bad, too, cuz I got some kick @ss pictures this year...

Congrats, Aubrey!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back