Is Photography your Day Job or Hobby?

PropilotBW

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Like the thread title asks, would you like to share what you do? It's hard to guess sometimes. There are a lot of very knowledgable people on here!
I am not a pro. I would consider myself a semi-knowledgable, improved amateur.

I guess it might be obvious by my username that I am indeed an airline pilot based in Atlanta. I have the unique opportunity to travel the world for free. ...actually, I get paid for it. :D
Photography has become very addicting in the past couple years and I have had a huge desire to improve my skills and capture scenes from my traveling.
This forum has definitely helped me improve my photography skills and I continue to enjoy reading posts.

Here are a couple pics from my office, which I would consider as the best office job in the world. These are the views I see on a daily basis.
If you want, please post pics that describe your job.
$image.jpg$image.jpg$image.jpg
Low-res iPhone photos

~Brian

Last edited:
your office has noticeably less blood and other bodily fluids in it than mine.

Its a hobby for me and always will be, I just don't see making enough money in Photography to even consider it.

You are in a great situation being able to travel for work and take pictures. Doesn't work so well for me, people dont want to see pictures of inside servers and other computer related hardware.

Its a hobby for me and always will be, I just don't see making enough money in Photography to even consider it.

You are in a great situation being able to travel for work and take pictures. Doesn't work so well for me, people dont want to see pictures of inside servers and other computer related hardware.

might make for some great macro shots though.

Actually I think you could take some pretty sweet macro shots of circuitry boards...I find that stuff fascinating.

might make for some great macro shots though.

True, when I first joined someone posted a shot of a board from inside a computer, it looked like a city and was awesome.... oooooh the possibilities!

Photography is a portion of my job. The stuff I post on here is the hobby side.

Well I know what my next project is now. Thanks all!

Oops, I probably should have started this thread in a general gallery section, as I really intended for it to be a photo sharing thread. Could a site moderator move the thread for me please?

I've been playing with photography since the mid-60's but have never had any urge whatsoever to turn it into a job.

Side job, I have a career.

I'm the one some pro's around here despise, and i turn down work because I'm busy with shoots and determined to keep it fun and not get burnt out
bigthumb.gif

edit: on a side note I'm second shooter at times too

Most reactions

New Topics

Back