Is that overdone (HDR)

Tom3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This building is a couple blocks away from Union Station, Los Angeles.
It is made with 5 shots about 1ev apart from each other.

Seeing how many HDR pics are totally overdone, I'd like some feedback about this one.

3070032184_d89cfb0bf3_b.jpg

For the most part, I don't think it is over done. However, the red flowers to the right of the frame look "strange". Maybe over saturated and looks like artifacts have been introduced during the processing.

it seems like this is a photo that didnt really NEED the hdr.

the problem was to get the sky, wall and flowers; but I agree that the flowers are too strong.

here are the five original pictures:

3069483883_fda0021b2b_b.jpg

id say try taking the last image out and see if that helps with the flowers being overdone..

^ is right.
flowers and small trees/bushes are hard to shoot in HDR if there is any wind as they move. And you end up with exposures with them in different positions, and then when photomatix or adobe tries to line them up you get the result you see above (a blurry mess). i would almost be tempted to a) crop the photos on the far right out as they are the biggest distraction, or b) try and turn down the saturation and see if that helps

Well for anything moving it's prolly better to just do the bracketing after you take one shot anyway. I know it introduces more noise but what's worse? :/ Unless of course you couldn't get a single shot with the leaves staying put. Can't totally tell from the smaller originals you posted.

there was not too much wind, but, of course, enough so that they'd have moved slightly; also, I did not have a tripod so it's me holding the camera against a handrail.
Maybe I can try to de-saturate the flower area, as was suggested, to see if it improves the picture.

DAMN! no tripod? *high five* on that. Still sharp as a tack in most areas for that being the case.

p.s.- New train of thought. Next time just bring a weedwacker. :p

what you don't see if that this is not the first set :) I failed the first two from the same shot as I couldn't get steady enough.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back