is their any way i can fix this photo?

starjones

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i want to see my eyes. its an old photo and my digital cam is now broken and i can not take another one. i have tried tinkering w/ it in GIMP but i know nothing of the art of fixing photos...

PICT0003.jpg

No way - your eyes aren't in the picture. You can't create what information isn't recorded, that's why people learn to work a camera. Sorry

you could photoshop eyes into it from a different source

I thought of that, but he says he knows nothing about working photos, so I think PS is probably gonna yield him 3rd rate results after 10hours/work on a bad picture to begin with.

I am sorry, i really am, but this may be one of the stupidest threads i have ever seen.

Well, I dare say it wasn't until that last reply (!!!).

To the OP: Unless that photo was shot in RAW, there's no way to salvage it (and it would be barely salvageable even if it was shot in RAW). The folks on retouchpro.com might have a field day with it, and though I doubt the results would be acceptable, there are some pretty impressive retouchers there that I've seen. Not quite from a source in this dire a situation, though.

Sorry, man.

Its doable, with the right skills.
You could put eyes on it, but they wont be yours.
I mean considering the area over your eyes is just plain black pretty much, you could muck round with taking skin from other photos and patching and healing.
But honestly, not worth it. Im sure you know someone with a camera of sorts?
I mean unless your wanting to try for fun, no point.

Most reactions

Back