What's new

Is there any hope for these photos?

Joined
Aug 27, 2012
Messages
2,288
Reaction score
661
Location
Orlando, FL
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These were taken handheld it low light of course, so they are not sharp. Plus the monorail track goes RIGHT through the ball.

These are jpegs literally straight out of the camera, but before I start to mess with them, I'm wondering...should I bother?

What would you edit if you were me? Or should I suffer through and bring my tri-pod next time and/or go for another angle?

1. $DSCN0894.webp2.$DSCN0888.webp3.$DSCN0890.webp4.$DSCN0892.webp
 
Well, I would probably not bother editing JPG images. I shoot RAW + JPG precisely because I have the editing room in RAW, that I don't have in JPG. As for the monorail, it tends to clash with the dome in the back. I'd think that if you have a chance at a re-shoot, to either focus on the monorail and its reflections, or the dome without the monorail. In either case, having a tripod would give you more options in terms of exposure. But then, I almost always have my tripod with me.
 
Don't like the edit. Too saturated so colors don't look right.
 
^Thats what it pretty much looked like, but I understand. The ball is really purple at night, they light it up like that.
 
I guess everyone agrees with the first c&c which is to find another angle that doesn't have the monorail going through the ball like that.
 
Well, more like we hate you because it is cold up here, with snow and blowing wind, and you're showing us pretty pictures with liquid water...:lol:

If you don't have RAW, then shoot in the highest detail, lowest compression mode your camera is capable of. If you have access to decent photo-editing software, import the JPG and save it in a loss-less format to minimize further loss due to compression/decompression.

As for night shots, you pretty much need a tripod. One member who's put together a pretty good outline of night photography is Manaheim, and his thread is here: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...aheim-s-ultimate-guide-night-photography.html. Lots of good info there, and he actually knows what he's talking about.
 
Hey Parker.. it ain't perfect... but with more time, it could be. But much better to Reshoot!

$parker.webp
 
Parker219; considering that this shot is not composed very well to begin with, I don't know why you would want to spend a lot of time in post.
 
Charlie, wow thanks for taking the time for that edit. I can see it looks better with out the monorail.

I was bored! lol! But seriously, You can find a better spot!
 
I actually thought your edit was fine. Picture could have been better, but meh... fine.
 
Sorry composition just isn't there.
 
They look soft .... soooo unless you have some sharpeen ....I would take your tripod with you and shoot them again ... sorry Parker I know this feeling :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom