Is This Too Much Image Noise?

Hof8231

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all, I work for the Trenton Freedom, a professional football team in the Professional Indoor Football League (PIFL) and both I and my employers have been very happy with the work I've produced so far. However, I think I was putting too much emphasis on noise reduction (I use Topaz DeNoise 5) and it was making my photos appear soft/blurry. This past game (last night) I shot as usual but in post processing I did a lot less noise reduction. I personally am much happier with the results, as my shots show much more detail, but is there too much noise in these images? I can't seem to find a happy medium, or else I just can't realize it when I do find it. Any input is greatly appreciated!

BD1B3966 by SteveH8231, on Flickr

BD1B4174 by SteveH8231, on Flickr

BD1B4009 by SteveH8231, on Flickr

Too much noise! Hell no! They are fine.

Too much noise! Hell no! They are fine.

It seems to me that there is minimal noise in the darker parts of the pictures. I wouldn't have noticed if I wasn't looking for it

I appreciate the input. Looking back on it, it probably looks as if I was fishing for compliments or validating reassurance, but I promise that's not the case. I just honestly am not good at deciding how much "noise" is acceptable. I'm one of those people who usually always zooms into 100% and if I can see ANY noise, I think I need to fix it. I really need to work on that because the more noise reduction I do, the more detail I lose.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back