What's new

Isis Eyes

Xyzzy

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 12, 2012
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Location
SF Bay Area
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First photo post here, be kind :-) but not too kind! New dog in the house, never quite sure how much sharpening is too much.

Thanks - Tony
 
I like the idea of showing the two different color eyes but i would ether tilt the dogs head up a but or get the camera down lower so that ou can see more of the eyes.
 
Good point, thanks. I need a third hand to hold the cookie higher. :D Any thoughts about the sharpness?
 
Regardless of where you position the camera, animals are always on point with it's location and do not care for it. Definitely work on getting the treat or reward towards the light. Looks like the focus was dead center on the head and not the eyes. Still decent though for being an animal. Laser pointers work great as well if you don't mind investing a couple bucks. Goes a long way.
 
In addition to needing a more straight-on angle to show more of the eyes, there's something about this photo that seems "off" and unsettling to me.

I *think* it's because the left side is so much brighter than the right side. That kind of shaded lighting might work if you had the full face of the dog in the photo, but where the entire photo is just the eyes, imo, it would be more effective to have more even lighting on both eyes.

I also think it may be very slightly tilted downward, from left to right.
 
Interesting, I hadn't thought about the tilt and how it affects the overall feeling of the photo, thanks. All good suggestions.

Since there's no comments on the sharpness, can I assume I didn't overdo the unsharp mask? Or maybe it's too hard to tell after attachment to the post?

thx - tony
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom